Re: OT: Can modern PCs run 5-1/4" floppy drives?

>> Seriously, sandbagging an older computer "just in case" doesn't take >> up that much room. > > Yeah, might have to do that. For a while.

How about you give it its own place of honor in the garage or shed, and only bring it inside when you need to convert 5.25s, then put it away, back in the garage or shed?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

There is already too much stuff in the garage and we have no shed :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Put it in the dog house. It will help keep him warm. :-]

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Our dogs live inside the house and they like the wood stove :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Excessive moisture can ruin connectors and electrolytics; not too good of an idea unless environment partly controlled. Maybe put in bos, then in sealed plastic container with some mothballs inside?

Reply to
Robert Baer