OT: "Document contains no data..OK"

Most definitely *NOT* "OK"!!! At rare and randumb times, i get this wonderful message. Most of the time, the web page is fully populated and works fine; maybe once i had a blank page. Recently, i was sending an e-mail and the attachment was in process of being "encrypted" and shipped out via the modem (am dial up) and

-paff- this most glorious message (the sending process stopped).

What the heck causes this?

Reply to
Robert Baer

what software are you using? if IE, try Firefox and let us know if it repeats

Reply to
mrdarrett

I have been using NetScape 7.2 and refuse to use IE (which i *ripped* out kicking and sceaming).

Reply to
Robert Baer

Oh good.

I haven't used Netscape since AOL acquired it and it got super- bloated. I use Firefox now personally.

IIRC, Firefox uses the same browser engine as Netscape (Mozilla, right?) So, try these:

Best wishes,

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

** What do they nean "..after updating your browser"? BTW, i have *no* firewall, therfore that cannot be causing a problem. And the "document contains no data" popup is rather rare - and like i mentioned, the screen/page is almost always complete, rendering the message as a blatant lie.

** Links seen were as unuseful as first one above.

** I think what is happening is that there is normally some kind of hand-shaking between the browser's request for a webpage and the receipt thereof, and due to a slow response (due to dial-up and net traffic), that handshake gets lost.
Reply to
Robert Baer

The "document" may be one which is only part of the page, e.g. an embedded image or iframe, or a stylesheet or JavaScript file loaded from a tag.

Reply to
Nobody