Re: OT: Can modern PCs run 5-1/4" floppy drives?

>> Hello Folks, >> >> Got a new desktop from Dell (Vostro). Looking at the BIOS is only >> lists............... > > I would dig up one of the PCI Adaptec SCSI controllers with a floppy > interface. >

This makes a lot of sense. Just like a few years ago when hard drives came with a BIOS extension to get around the then 8G (?) BIOS limit. I don't know that I would give up on finding an external USB unit yet. There is stuff at manufacturers web sites that does not show up on Google.

Tam

> -- > Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to > prove it. > Member of DAV #85. > > Michael A. Terrell > Central Florida
Reply to
Tam/WB2TT