Re: Government at its finest

> It is truly stunning, the amount of ignorance Bill can pull out of >thin air.

Also stunning is what a tiresome old fart he has become.

John

If that old fart ever escapes everyone in Nijmegen will die, or wish they had. Talk about WMD. :(

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

John Larkin doesn't like it when I fail to respect his right to pontificate on subjects he doesn't know much about.

Card, D. and Krueger, A. B. (1995) Myth and Measurement: The New Economics of the Minimum Wage, Princeton NJ: Princeton University Press

is not the kind of book he'd like to read - it wasn't written with the intention of making rich Republicans feel good about themselves - so he snipped it out of his response to my post, and rather than reply to the substance of my comment, took the chance to advertise (once again) how well he pays and treats his employees.

He usually manages to also sneak in plug for the design quality of the electronics he sells and the sheer joy that motivates him and his colleagues as they create one more world-shatteringly wonderful product, but maybe his order book is full enough at the moment that he hasn't actually got products on the shelf to deliver to the customer just before they actually realise that they need whatever it is that they happen to need from John's comprehensive catalogue.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

.
Reply to
bill.sloman

sh

Mike Terrell at his pathetic best. I'm not even in Nijmegen at the moment, but in Sydney, Australia (where the population doesn't seem to have declined, even through I've been here since July). I will be back in Nijmegen in a week or so - providing that the world doesn't happen to get serious about anthropogenic global warming before then and ban international jet flights.

Bill Sloman, Nijmegen (but in Sydney at the moment)

Reply to
bill.sloman

Shove it, dumb ass. John built a company and pays his employees, while you quote crap from books and lived on welfare. SOme people actually live to work, while others refuse to work, even to live.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No one cares where you are. You are as useful as a bleeding hemorrhoid on the ass of humanity.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

of

,

Mike Terrell can't get it right. I didn't get "welfare", I got unemployment benefit, and I didn't live on it - these days my wife earns much too much money to want to live at the (perfectly comfortable) level that my income could support.

=A0>Some people actually live to work, while others refuse to work, even to live.

Since I don't fall into any of these catagories, Mike Terrell has just demonstrated - once again - that he can't construct a logical argument.

He does do yapping lap-dog pretty well. I hope John Larkin rewards him by throwing him some kind of bone - it would be a shame to see such assiduous - if fatuous - labour going entirely unrewarded.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

YOU call it unemployemnet, but over here it's obvious that it was welfare. They just doidn't want to hurt your feelingds for being so useless.

Yawn. Don't you have a dog to kick?

The only lap dog is you, when you want some money from your wife.