File Conversion - DWG to PDF?

Can any recommend a free online viewer for DWG? 2nd choice would to install one - not thrilled about installing software from the web.

Today I tried converting DWG to PDF at

and the PDF was the wrong proportion - cutting off the left side of the image. I have been using
for years and doing a great job with other formats.

Original DWG is 11x17 (ratio 1.55) Converted file is 600x800 (ratio 1.33)

Link directly to image:

If that doesn't work, this will get to it:

Thanks!

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

I've got a virtual pdf printer, (PDF creator) So I "print" the cad file to the pdf "printer".

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I don't have time to try it with your drawing, but I use Irfanview for photo and drawing manipulation. It will read a DWG file, but you'll need IMPDF plug-in and Ghostscript to do PDF. The "resize" function will take care of any aspect ratio tweaking: Be sure to get both the program and the plugin/add-on collection. Plenty of tutorials on Youtube and other web piles. Be sure to search the FAQ for a few PDF related oddities:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Oh my fault I thought you were trying to turn a DWG into a pdf.

Draftsight is a free CAD program.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

install one - not thrilled about installing software from the web.

was the wrong proportion - cutting off the left side of the image. I have been using

for years and doing a great job with other formats.

Thanks, Jeff. I have Irfanview - great program. Will download the plug-in!!

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

Adobe Acrobat v7 Professional will read a DWG (*) in directly and convert it to PDF.

(*) And just about every other format as well. ...Jim Thompson