Re: For all the group

If you post from googlegroups, aioe, or uar, please post a test

> message

Count me, I prithee, amongst the good guys.

I haven't been called anything worse than 'pedantic ass', so you know I'm nearly virtuous!

Reply to
whit3rd

Done.

;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

Hi Jim, Don't forget to add me! Hopefully this will now go through. I have gone to Agent, too, and hopefully have finally cleared up my access to the Verizon news server as well. Haven't been able to reply to a post for months now because of problems convincing Verizon I had permission to post... :-(

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Charlie, I only filter ggoglegroups, aioe, uar and the TURD's posting host.

...Jim Thompson

Charlie,

You may have the same problem I had when I went to Verizon FIOS. There is a problem with a DNS somwhere. It intermittently (most of the time) returns a TCPIP address for news.verizon.net that does not work. My workaround was to update my HOSTS file with a good TCPIP address: C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM32\\DRIVERS\\ETC\\HOSTS

One line had to be added as the last line in the file:

199.45.49.11 news.verizon.net

Don't know if that will help you, but it's worth a look.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr