Re: For all the group

If you post from googlegroups, aioe, or uar, please post a test

>message so I can clear you in my nfilters. >It's getting tedious checking all filtered-out posts for good guy/bad >guy ;-)

I'm good I hope.. :)

Reply to
sky465nm

Yes.

Playing around with nfilter I discovered that "FLAG" is more appropriate than "DROP".

"DROP" leaves the unmarked messages on the server, "FLAG" adds text to the Subject line and downloads the headers where, ultimately, Agent will dispose of the flagged messages. Flagging makes it easy for me to track good guys/bad guys without much effort... good guys get added to the "whitelist"... all other googlegroups, aioe and uar posters go bye-bye ;-)

...Jim Thompson

without much effort...

You're like a kid with a new toy. 8-) ...and I know you're thinking "How did I get along without this?"

Once you get this thing fattened up, I hope you'll consider Terrell's request to publish the list. news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com

I'm probably the most obvious Google poster. I'd like admission.

Reply to
JeffM

Absolutely !-)

You were already added, as were many others, simply based on your normal posting.

Maybe it would be safe to post the filters, I don't know... these hackers seem to have only a life based on disruption... but I guess that's what you do when you're otherwise incompetent ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I would worry about attracting spam to the addresses you post.

Although I suppose if they are used for usenet they will already be doing that...

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Jim Thomps>>Maybe it would be safe to post the filters, I don't know... these

John Devereux wrote:

JT could use a CAPTCHA to restrict access to the page.

--Hey! Wait a minute. Wasn't that what sent all of this reeling out of control? 8-)

Reply to
JeffM

I did tell you about it several times n the past, but I guess the noise wasn't high enough for you to check it out. at that time?

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I finally found a site that offered a Windows installer :-O

...Jim Thompson

Why not just sign up for a third-party news server? Googling the phrase without quotes gives "about 313,000 hits"; I haven't tried it with because I don't need to.

Hey! I just realized that I could put a news server on our LAN/ gateway/router/Samba server box. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise