Wabash Deluxe 1158 by Wexler amp ?

I just got it out of storage from about 8 years ago, it's a Wabash Deluxe Model 1158 amp in a tweed case made by David Wexler & Co., Chicago with an Electrovoice Wolverine LS-15, 15 inch speaker. It has two chassis, and upper and lower. The lower has a 5Y3, 2 6L6GB, 6SN7, 12AX7, and 6JS7. The upper has 2 12AX7 and several inputs and controls. Left side is a jack for Tremolo and 2 pots for Speed and Strength. Next is 3 jacks for Guitar or other instruments along with a Bass, Volume and Treble control. Then to the right there are two identical areas each labeled Microphone or Accordion along with respective Volume and Tone controls. After I got it, I could find nothing Googling, same result today, must be a rare item. I need to get the dust and crap out of it and bring it up slowly with a Variac. If anyone has any info like a schematic I'd sure like to know. tnx Hank WD5JFR

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

That sounds like a hootnanny of a jam session amp!

Try this and thank Yahoo!

Steven

Sent them a note.. And posted pics on newsgroup: alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

Several of the tubes have a date code of 5 52 which indicates May of

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

I'd make that the fourth quarter of 1955.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Douglas

I sold Jeff Angus a Gibson BR-(7?) that dated to 1946-7 maybe. It sounds like a mighty useful amp to me and worth the attempt.

Reply to
Steven

Wexler called me back and said they haven't been in that line for over

50 years but if they found anything they'd let me know. I was impressed that they called back, good people.

Henry Kolesnik

I'm glad you have gotten to at least a vague memory! I hope that helped?

Reply to
Steven