Re: engineering graduate school question

I watched one company recently, in a shake-up, fire many of the

> contracting engineers, and start creating many "Business Analyst" > positions in their place. There were open requisitions for engineers, > but all the positions except technical positions were getting filled. > I called the head-hunter for the technical positions to give her a > heads-up on what was happening, which she later verified. This > company has over $1,000,000,000,000US (trillion) under assets, and I > had alway suspected that the management was full of caca, many of them > grossly incompetent. They were part of an acquired company that had > managed to squeeze every penny of profit out of the company and fatten > their salaries with it. With 300 employees, there were 40 cases of > nepotism, as could be determined from the last names on company > intranet. Any how, the parent company got upset, trying to figure out > what happened to all the profit, and called for a shake-up, and that's > when all the engineers got fired and the "business analyst" positions > were created. >

Did you (do you) work there? Sounds like you witnessed this first hand. Are you sure it was nepotism if more than one person has the same last name? Why were all the engineers fired?

Reply to
background_fisted