Re: engineering graduate school question

... snip ...

>> You might discover (like I did) that the money is in Project >> Management. Depends on the industry though... in interest of >> full disclosure, I'm a chemical engineer, not an EE. > > When my kids leave school I hope that will do something for a > year before college. All the people I know who took a break > between school and college got a lot more out of college. They > had a much better perspective on why they were there.

There are varying views on that. I did, because I finished high school at the age of 14, and took a year off. I then took another off after the first year of college. But I have unconfirmed doubts that it was a good thing. It encouraged me to diversify early. Of course in those days college didn't cost the world, so it was relatively easy ($250 annual tuition!).

--

                        cbfalconer at maineline dot net
Reply to