Re: CD/DVD "Label" Printers

is an obvious resource for volume. >>We used them only occasionally on big projects, but were always >>satisfied. > >I use Nero/Neato for the CD's, with the self-aligning plunger, peel >and stick... no sweat. > >But stick-on's are not recommended for DVD's. > >Mostly this will be family photo album stuff, but some back-ups (who >cares about labels), but project hand-offs to customers need to be >classy ;-) > >Anyone using the thermal printers? Inkjet looks like an invitation to >smearing when handled, although someone mentioned coating?? > > ...Jim Thompson

Discs with printable coatings are inexpensive, and the appropriate printers are not all that bad either. Give the disc a 10 minute dry and you cannot easily smear it even adding water, alcohol, or both.

Lightscribe, while not too expensive is very slow. YMMV

Reply to
JosephKK