Re: Aspen Times

> > ...Jim Thompson

I got to this part:

"His background might be Italian, English, Polish,"

which seemed awfully familiar (I suspect I heard a 'right wingnut' read it on the radio), so I googled it and got LOTS of hits. I at first suspected he stole it, but that Feb. 8th date is the earliest of any of the articles I saw (admittedly only a few of the "about 2,500" hits), and several others attributed it to Hubbell, so I have no doubt he actually wrote it.

Here in this March 19 column it's repeated and credited, and is said to be traveling the Internet at "warp speed:"

In this page (scroll down near the end or search the page for Small Town Soapbox, Monday 2/18/2008), it got rewritten and 'sanitised' to "ANGRY AMERICAN:"

Looks like Moby doesn't have the testicular fortitude (or is it stupidity?) of many other commentators who repeated it verbatim.

Okay, enough non-electronic posting...

Reply to
Ben Bradley
[snip]

I keep harping for someone to post a real circuit problem... you know, something more invigorating than "My LED won't blink" ;-)

But it ain't gone'a happen :-(

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | Liberalism is a persistent vegetative state

Both right and left wingnut are at least ten years old. Try searching GG for Widewing.

Reply to
JosephKK

Right. We don't need an more blinkin' LED problems.

Yours won't either?

--
Keith
Reply to

They have a pill for that. I've seen the spam.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth\'s aluminum foil beanie for the \'global warming\'
sheep.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

My nose keeps running ;-)

...Jim Thompson

You didn't swallow it fast enough.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth\'s aluminum foil beanie for the \'global warming\'
sheep.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's bad, it should be your feet.

Reply to
JosephKK

Everyone is missing my joke about certain drug ads ;-)

...Jim Thompson

...even worse; his feet smell.

--
Keith
Reply to

Or maybe i am making a point of teasing you, or maybe not. Humor should not be too obtuse.

Reply to
JosephKK

. . .

Harp no more. I just built a prototype of this circuit:

but I can't get the microphone amplifier to work. I have access to an oscilloscope (Telequipment D54!!!) but don't have SPICE, so can't simulate it. My suspicion is that there is too much gain for a single stage amp.

The whole circuit seems rather more complicated that it needs to be and any help to simplify it would be greatly appreciated.

--
John B
Reply to

Certainly qualifies for "weird" ;-)

Check the bias ("Q" points) and report.

...Jim Thompson

I'm pressed for time right now, but it looks like it should be using an ELECTRET microphone??

...Jim Thompson

It's basically a clone of the Clearcom intercom system, and their circuits are always this messy, they do strange things with DC signaling. All the capacitors are to fiddle the response of the hybrid, I assume they got it wrong in the first place. You should use an electret mic, (or even carbon can be catered for)

Despite the wierdness, their system does work quite well, I've used it on many shows. They have/had many circuits/ service manuals on their site.

Why are you trying to build this particular circuit?

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Ah, I didn't think of that. I have a dynamic mic attached at present but have a couple of cheapo PC headsets that I can try.

--
John B
Reply to

. . .

I'm trying to build a couple of extra beltpacks for a Techpro system, which gets used in several of our village halls. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but is proving to be more of a challenge than I imagined.

I did try searching for suitable schematics, but this is the only one I could find. I've tried it with an AV headset and a standard Techpro one, both of which use dynamic mics; but hadn't thought of using an electret. I've got a PC compatible headset with an electret mic, so I'll try that next. If that works, I'll stick a common base impedence buffer on the input and see what happens with the dynamic mic.

I thought the frequency shaping around the mic amp and the hybrid was a bit overcomplicated. However the DC signalling part does work with both Techpro and Stonewood beltpacks. I don't have access to a Clearcom one to try that.

--
John B
Reply to

Try the electret first,before replacing with a tranny

You could also just get the boards, save a lot of hassle

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith