Re: Again power is not measured in AMP, but in WATT you stupid american jerks, Give it up now suckers.

You're an idiot. First off, there are ZERO 115 volt circuits here.

Secondly, everything that runs on standard AC that relates to raw power is declared in Amps.

Look at vacuum cleaners, and the hand drill.

Anything that competes with other makers that runs on a motor, competes with each other over how fast or how strong or how well it can do the job.

A dremel tool talks about top rotational speed as that is more important than shaft torque.

Drills and vacuum cleaners refer to the amperage of the motor.

So, YES it DOES mean EVERYTHING about how much power it has in a world where the source voltage is known.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

They went to advertizing amperage on vacuum cleaners after they were called to the carpet for using inflated "air horsepower" ratings for years. You could buy a "4 hp" vacuum cleaner that drew 10 amps on a

115 volt circuit. By any accepted way of calculating, that machine could not produce more than roughly 1.4 HP.

Same thing with air compressors. Because of litigation expense, and having to proove their device put out the power they advertised, they went to rating the machinery by amperage drawn at full load - which could be measured, was more difficult to "fudge" and easier to prove in a court of law.

Reply to
clare

Car stereo audio power output declarations had similar problems.

Reply to
Son of a Sea Cook