I give in

It was not the greens that sold the power off but it is the green inclined existing government that is running the existing renewable dependent power grid now.

Reply to
F Murtz

SA needs to install some diesel generator plant.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

** No they don't.

They may need to build a couple of natural gas plants - the kind that use turbines and not simply boil water.

Thermal efficiencies of 60% are possible with 500MW turbines.

They are ideal for peak loads use too.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It's entirely a matter of the period during which they're expected to run. You don't build expensive plant that runs only hours per year, just to save on fuel. You build cheap plant, even though it uses more fuel, because you come out ahead economically.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

While the planet slowly dies... Oh well perhaps they can buy a new one with the money saved?

WTF is this s**te doing in aus.electronics anyway?

--
Shaun.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
~misfit~

Mainly because there is no purely electrical news group so people tend to lump anything electric into one group which is a better idea anyway Electricity is electricity no matter how it is used

Reply to
F Murtz

I didn't see very much at all to do with electric anything (and I read far too long looking...).

To me it smacked of politiking - I saw that the first part of the thread was in fact xposted to aus.politics. That's where it should have stayed IMHO. Otherwise why did you call the thread "SA Greenies"?

Cheers,