Re: UN JERKS Again

>> Jim Thomps>>> >>> >>>> >>>>> UN JERKS Again... >>>>> >>>>>

r a =A31m prize for tissue culture meat. That would solve everyone's proble= m (except the agro-business).

> Just saw some Vegan Teryaki Chicken Nuggets at the store. Soy cubes or > something. Even vegans crave meat.

Strict vegans in a hygenic western society are in danger of all sorts of deficiency diseases - flour mites and other unseen things they eat accidentally usually provides some protection. We are omnivores.

I have never understood why vegetarians would ever want Vegan beefburgers or fake chicken nuggets.

If I choose to eat vegetarian cuisine (and some days it can look better than the burnt meat option) then tofu, stirfry nuts and noodles or soya beans are all OK. The efficiency of turning animal fodder into meat is not that high so you can feed a lot more people with the same acreage.

Most Americans do eat far too much meat so the guys original point is basically sound. Excessive consumption of food is a big problem in the USA with 30% now clinically obese and 3% morbidly obese.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

So on balance, do you think Americans would be better off putting more of their corn in their car's gas tank (in the way of Ethanol), or putting less corn (in the way of High Fructose Corn Syrup) in their own gas "tanks"? I mean, there's only so much corn, right?

And what role would exercise play in all this (assuming the car won't run on Ethanol)? :)

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

OMG. You mean there is such a thing as a REAL chicken nugget. I wonder which part?

Reminds me of another joke. (I know, all my jokes are lame, but you guys are a captive audience. Sort of.)

So we're out at dinner one night and my friend orders Chicken Fingers. I order 10 garlic wings, and my other friend also orders Chicken Fingers & fries.

At this point, the waitress asks the last person in our party what he'll have.... and he replies: "I'll have whatever's left."

Enjoy.

Reply to
mpm

Neither of the above. Eat less and live longer. Bio-Ethanol from corn is bogus. The present US eating habits are fabulous for the earning prospects of pharmaceutical companies with diabetes drugs.

Food grade corn is better off being sold to the world market as food. In modest amounts and unrefined it is OK.

I do find it odd that you do not have English pavements (sidewalks) on many suburban US roads so that the option of walking outdoors in the evening is basically not available to many residents. They have to drive everywhere. Heck I have even known US natives drive from one part of a mall carpark to another rather than walk around inside the mall. As a Brit I find this absolutely boggling.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

I didn't eat a lot of sweets, cooked meals from scratch, and still ended up diabetic. I haven't bought sugar in close to 30 years. How do YOU explain that? You're as bad as Sloman, in making sweeping condemnations of the US. OTOH, how do you explain type 1 Diabetes?

US malls have parking lots, not 'carparks'. If I have to pick up several large or heavy Items, I will move my truck rather than haul it through a crowd of people. Tell me, how far will you carry 150 pounds? How many miles will you walk with bag handles cutting off the circulation in your hands? If you have to go to your vehicle to drop things off, and the next stop is on the far side of the complex, it makes sense. Generally, Malls are the most expensive source for items, so I tend to shop somewhere else. Some malls are in multiple buildings, a half mile apart. Tell me you would park at one end, walk through the first 100+ store, cross heavy traffic on foot, to shop in the other 100+ stores. I wonder at times if you have enough sense to come in out of the rain. :(

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Martin Brown wrote in news:fdb9c384-52c9- snipped-for-privacy@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

That's OK, I'm an American and I find it boggling...

Reply to
Kris Krieger

The best part is the two little walnut-sort of things on the underside, known as "the Pope's nose."

John

£1m prize for tissue culture meat. That would solve everyone's problem (except the agro-business).

So what definitions of clinically obese and morbidly obese are used to supply these "statistics"?

Reply to
JosephKK

nsor a =A31m prize for tissue culture meat. That would solve everyone's pro= blem (except the agro-business).

I hadn't realised until I looked it up at NIH that according to international definitions two thirds of Americans are overweight. I would not have put it that high.

The usual definititions of Obese BMI > 30 try

tistics/

Morbidly obese is BMI > 40 or more than 100lbs overweight. I have seen Americans whose girth appeared to be limited only by the requirement for their arms to reach the all you can eat buffet table.

01

Some Americans are also lean and super fit - I'd guess about 10%. But it is a bimodal distribution with the majority now overweight and unfit.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

a £1m prize for tissue culture meat. That would solve everyone's problem (except the agro-business).

Clear enough, wow am i glad i am no longer morbidly obese.

Reply to
JosephKK