Re: 70V questions

--
Well, we\'re kinda stuck then, I think.

If you had a signal generator you could connect a capacitor in
series with the solenoid, sweep the LC, find the resonant point, and
then calculate the inductance knowing the resonant frequency and the
capacitance.  Or, if you had a DMM which could measure inductance
you could do it directly.

But, now knowing your application, knowing the inductance doesn\'t
matter all that much.

What I\'m thinking is that you could charge up a capacitor to 72V and
then dump it into the coil to get the action you want, like this:
(View in Courier)

.+V>--[R]------+-------+-------+
.              |       |       |
.             [R]      |       |