Re: 105 Hour warning

At midnight Sunday, AIOE, GOOG(le groups) and UAR will likewise die.

> > If you are an aioe, googlegroups, or uar poster, and claim "good guy" > status, be sure to let me know before Sunday midnight. >

I use Google groups so that somebody else can deal with the resulting email spam...

When I tried to post this I found that "Google groups does not currently support posting to the following usenet groups: "alt.binaries.schematic.electronic" ", so perhaps they are trying to get spamming under control in a very crude way.

John Walliker

Reply to
jrwalliker

How does that help? You don't have to give a valid E-mail on usenet posts.

Google Groups are crap.

Every day I'm dumping at least 30 posts that get flagged as GOOG that are strictly commercial spam. Plus a handful from the personas of the TURD.

...Jim Thompson

I doubt google cares about spam. They probably don't permit posting to a binary group to prevent large files.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Google has never supported any binaries newsgroup.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell