Re: 105 Hour warning

> The spam is getting bad. > I'm stuck on Google here.

Me too, since my usenet reader is broken.

I'm surely on JT's kill list already.

But maybe if he doesn't see my occaisional anti-Bush posts he'll stop calling me names.

Reply to
Winfield Hill

Naaaah! You're white-listed in my nfilter.

Just because I disagree with you politically doesn't mean I lost respect for your technical capabilities.

...Jim Thompson

What a LAME excuse!

Face it, you are a GoogleTard!

As well you should be! Get a REAL news interface, dipshit!

You're an idiot, and it ain't about your politics.

Reply to
Corbomite Carrie

Am I?

Reply to
Guy Macon

Are you what? ;-)

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Guy Macon has been on my dump list for years.

However I am willing to give him another chance... if other posters vouch that he is worthy ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I've never killfiled his tag and have already whitelisted it on my local NNTP server.

Perhaps his ID was hijacked by one of the forgers, once? At least the NNTP tools we're using now allow more options to distinguish the real from the fake than just the From field (as I think you've already discovered ;-)

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

I challenge anyone to look at my recent posting history and find anything even slightly objectionable.

I strongly suspect that Jim Thompson is being unfair. Long ago I wrote something that he didn't like and he objected. I considered his objection, apologized, and never did it again. Hehas brought it up on occasion, and each time I have asked him what else I need do to satisfy him. I appears that, once you get on Jim Thompson's shit list, you can never get off.

I just reviewed the last 2000 post to this newsgroup. Nine were by me, 66 were by by Jim Thompson.

I posted about:

A direct reply to Jim Thompson giving him a method of filtering out troll feeder posts while allowing technical posts from the same posters -- a solution that nobody else in the thread had mentioned.

Comments on open source electronic CAD systems such as Kicad or gEDA with what I consider to be some very useful URLs

A comment on whether "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately >explained by stupidity" applies to Microsoft

A solution to a poster's problem of not being able to access NNTP servers from a coprorate network with only port 80 open.

A solution to the same poster's problem of the IT department insisting that only they are allowed to install and manage JTAG pods.

A couple of posts to this thread.

During the same period, Jim Thompson posted many high-quality technical posts, but he also posted:

A comment about Israel nukes

Several classic trollfeeding flames directed at the "Over Unity Motor" poster.

An Obama vs. Clinton post.

A "me too" followup flame in a George Bush thread.

A bunch more trollfeeding, this time directed at "UltimatePatriot."

A post criticizing John Larkin for trollfeeding directed at "UltimatePatriot."

Nine identical posts in a row telling "UltimatePatriot" that his post had been filtered out.

Reply to
G u y M a c o n

You're now in my whitelist ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I haven't had any problems lately, unlike "it that shall not be named".

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet wrote:

Following my own advice, this will be my one and only reply to this poster, and I advise not responding to this post either.

For the record, he is talking about roughly 10 posts in the physics newsgroups over the last year or so, all of which were "total horseshit" only if one is a "we never went to the moon" conspiracy theorist.

Here is a typical example:

| | Scott Hedrick wrote: | | >It's not possible for NASA or any other government agency to ever provide | >proof to satisfy these clowns. By definition, anything that doesn't support | >their claims is false. | | Nonetheless, an impartial examination of the evidence shows | that the US really did land on the moon in 1969. | | A laser ranging retroreflector was positioned on the moon | by the Apollo 11 astronauts so as to reflect laser pulses | from the earth. The laser reflector consists of 100ea. | 3.8cm Dia. fused silica corner cubes mounted on a 46cm | aluminum panel. An identical reflector was placed by Apollo | 14, and a 300-cube reflector was was placed by Apollo 15. | No known unmanned probes have landed at the Apollo 11/14/15 | sites, but the Russian Lunakhod 2 unmanned lander also left | a corner reflector. | | Observatories that have ranged these reflectors include the | McDonald Observatory in Texas, the Haleakala High Altitude | Observatory on Maui (Hawaii), the Grasse observatory in | France, the Apache Point Observatory in New Mexico, the | Lick Observatory on Mount Hamilton in California, and the | Laser Ranging Observatory in Wettzell, Germany. | | Also see: | | Independent evidence for Apollo Moon landings |

| | Apollo Moon Landing hoax accusations |
| | (As always with Wikipedia, the real evidence is in the links and | the logic of the article, not the authoritativeness of Wikipedia) ) |

--
Guy Macon
Reply to

Fuck you and your pathetic advice. You do not direct the actions of other Usenet posters, you retarded f*ck.

Reply to
AnimalMagic

Wrong again, MaconTard.

I haven't been in the physics group in nearly two years. I was talking about long past behavior, so get off your high horse, dumbfuck.

I was nine years old when I watched our astronauts take steps on the Moon's surface. You, on the other hand, are too retarded to even know that you should capitalize the name.

Reply to
AnimalMagic

Are you being silly, or what?

Just tell us, where's Venus?