Puzzling

Like you expect us to believe that old line? ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

Yes.

They are. Our entire workforce is less than a third of the population. Of filed tax returns, half pay roughly zero, or even negative tax.

You can get the raw data in the SOI (Statistics on Income) section of the IRS.gov website.

This chart summarizes:

Note that the lowest-earning half--50% of taxpayers--contribute very little, just 3.2% of federal income tax. The top 5% pay more than half.

This Snopes-type article (which I do not vouch for) claims Los Angeles has 10.2 million people, and 3.9 million workers:

It also makes a few points about the burden illegal aliens place on the healthcare system, e.g. half of births being to illegals (point #4).

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

I guess so, although it seems a stretch to say "most".

   \|/  \|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Amazing. I should look up the equivalent numbers over here.

   \|/  \|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

You missed the post in this thread where I posted a list of URLs & quotes to back up my argument?

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

His mother is very well endowed, & the little fellow had trouble finding her nipple without aid. ;^)

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

No, it's childish to complain about a service that one's benefiting from.

Did you whine about doing your chores when you were a child?

   \|/  \|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

An ambition of mine is to do the whole length of Historic 66 in a 1950s 'Vette.

I wouldn't drive to the mall in a Dauphine, I got hemorrhoids :-)

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Triumph Heralds were *all* built from junk chassis ;-)

Although not quite as bad as the Dauphine, they also suffered from the swing-axle rear suspension "jack up" problem, resulting in instant, unexpected pointing in the opposite direction, followed by a backwards excursion into the scenery.

Only Europeons could come up with independent rear suspension that was worse than a rigid axle.

Oddly, VWs didn't seem to do it.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

:

has no

lung

r-

ng

do

rea

gal

,

krw inmplies a desire for "facts" by posting

"Facts are facts, whether they agree with your weenie bent, or not."

then declines to identify the facts he wants. Unsurprisingly - he was just posting his usual "me too" to John Larkin's equally unspecific

"Why do you make up stuff you know nothing about?"

which similarly failed to identify the "stuff I know nothing about", in typical right-wing nit-wit style.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

two

ected

Sure they did, until VW modified the rear suspension to prevent it. VW's used to flip over in accidents about twice as frequently as the average car.

Ralph Nader spelled it out in Unsafe at Any Speed"

I'm old enough to have read it whe it was first published.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Lye - sodium hydroxide to the chemically educated - kills the grass, and if they catch you you end up paying for for new turf. Intelligent undergraduates use urea, which actaully makes the grass grow more strongly, so the letters show up as greener areas in the grass.

It's hard to construe that as damaging the lawn.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Let's hope he outgrows that problem.

Michael A. Terrell

Seeing as I gave half a dozen links & quotes with relevant data, I believe that I've done my part WRT to providing cites. Now let's see something from him... ;^)

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Well, he's just turned 8, so it hasn't been an issue for quite a while. ;^)

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Hogwash. Don't be an ass (I know, an impossibility). He has no choice in the matter. Of course he's going to bitch. IT's the only way to make a change.

Were you born without a brain or did you lose it along the way?

Reply to
krw

no

Clueless. Just amazing.

Reply to
krw

ote:

:

te:

et has no

in

ed lung

who

nder-

iting

ou do

g area

an

llegal

ent,

An uncharacterisitc admission from krw. Of course we've known for year sthat he's clueless, but this must the the first time that he's admitted it directly.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

no

I didn't think you could. ;^)

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Not puzzling at all look at the population density for correlation.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Use only Genuine Interocitor Parts" Tom Servo  ;-P
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY