Puzzling

He's not. Facts are facts, whether they agree with your weenie bent, or not.

Reply to
krw

You had to wait for college to learn that? I had that worked out by about four.

--
Paul Hovnanian  paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.

That's a punch line to a joke, comparing Harvard and MIT ;-)

...Jim Thompson

If he's forced to pay a dollar for a dime's worth of value, why shouldn't he complain?

If the State required you buy $1 worth of mediocre strawberries for $3, have you not been wronged, or at least slighted?

Most people don't complain, of course, because most people don't work, and most people don't pay taxes.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

We? Isn't that going a little too far?

Michael A. Terrell

The stole it from the Navy and Marines.

Michael A. Terrell

With his politics, I wasn't at all surprised.

Reply to
krw

Just on Harvard undergrads?

;-)

-- "Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it." (Stephen Leacock)

Reply to
Fred Abse

You drove all the way from Boston, in a DAUPHINE?

I call that courage :-)

-- "Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it." (Stephen Leacock)

Reply to
Fred Abse

Sorta. We tied a porta-potty to John Harvard's statue and signed it with "Johnny on the Pot".

Also etched (with lye) in the Radcliffe lawn, "When better women are made, MIT men will make them" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

"When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the People fear the Government, that is Tyranny." - attributed to Thomas Jefferson by his contemporaries

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

It's only 2650 miles by today's mapping, probably somewhat longer back in 1962, interstate was barely beginning, though the famous Route 66 was there.

Took 4 total driving days (3 nights stay along the way)...

Boston to Huntington, WV (with wife and new baby, left them with her parents).

Huntington, WV to Springfield, Missouri

Springfield to Amarillo

Amarillo to Phoenix

Wife and new baby, flew Huntington to Phoenix, after I arrived in Scottsdale, with Motorola-provided hotel accommodations ;-)

...Jim Thompson

"When the government fears the People, that is Liberty.
 When the People fear the Government, that is Tyranny."
         - attributed to Thomas Jefferson by his contemporaries

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to
restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and
interests."      - Patrick Henry

No, it's just childish.

   \|/  \|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

If he's complaining about how expensive the America healthcare system is, he's got a point. He'd be paying less in just about any other developed country.

Are you seriously claiming that more than 50% of Americans don't work or pay taxes? I find it hard to believe that the numbers are that high.

   \|/  \|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Facts? Okay, come up with some cites.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Well, I was only holding him at the time. ;^)

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

=A0 =A0 =A0 #

in

in

3

ity

ir

Remember that those under the age of 12 generally don't work. Those over 80 are usually retired. Many married folks still only have one parent working.

Reply to
MooseFET

It's "childish" to complain about the government takeover (i.e. nationalization) of a significant part of the economy?

What a leftist loon.

Reply to
krw

What you like cited? Are you incapable of doing your own searches? Figures.

Reply to
krw

Yep. Would you stop trolling?

...Jim Thompson

 Stormy on the East Coast today... due to Bush's failed policies.

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I drove from Buffalo to Denver with a 1964 Triumph Herald I built from two junk chassis.Top speed was almost 70 MPH. Western speed limits at that time were 75MPH.Passing semis was a trial.

Forgot to replace the gas cap at the start,was well into Ohio when I noticed it missing in the rearview mirror,and next gas stop,found it still lying on the trunk at the hinge joint!

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik