prototype electronic equipment question

Hi

I am looking to build a prototype of some simple electronic equipment involving a v. simple microcontroller, some on/off input and simple output. I know some electronics and computer programming but nothing about (PIC) microcontrollers or other embedded electronic systems.

Can anybody tell me of a newsgroup that might be best for this (if it isn't this one)?

Where would I go if I wanted to pay someone else to make a simple electronic system of this sort?

Thanks in advance

Russ

Reply to
rlayberry

This is fine, except for the higher volume of non-sense. Many embeddeded engineer hang out at comp.arch.embedded as well.

Me, of course. If you can figure out what this is:

I will do your design for free.

PS: contract me from above link, my email here is invalid.

Reply to
linnix

Hi Russ,

Check

, the PIC manufacturer, they have lots of app notes and other educational resources. Also, google piclist to find discussion forum resources. You may also find the PSoC controller from
to be of interest, and they have free design software and tutorials available for download.

Best regards, Ralph

Reply to
Og

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1177172826.526595.208650 @b58g2000hsg.googlegroups.com: