pretty stange board

There's an exchange building in Queens, New York, that looks (from the sidewalk) like an Aztec pyramid. It's actually the base of a much larger building that was never finished. They built a little, and realized that they didn't need any more space because the switches were a lot smaller than when the building was planned.

If you google "queens center mall" it's across the street on the other side of Queens Blvd. It has buttresses that look weird because they aren't holding up anything.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

You might be able to, "universal" enough for your purposes, if you can define the matrix.

Can you do that?

Reply to
John Fields

Sure. X axis is 68 lines. Y axis is 6 lines. Then we need the ability to program arbitrary connections at every intersection.

I could work from that.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

...Jim Thompson

Here they were just called vibrators. They often had multiple switching reeds for synchronoous rectification etc. I gather the war largely finished them off, too many field failures.

I always thought a relay could replace a mains transformer :) At least until a contact stuck.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I looked for it, but I'm not seeing it. Do you mean the mostly glass building with the sign "Queens Pointe stores for rent"? Sounds interesting.

--

Rick
Reply to

Sorry I was off by a few blocks. Don't know why I associated it with the mall.

When you are on the sidewalk, closer than Google's camera, it gives the impression of an Aztec monument.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7316156,-73.8640608,3a,75y,318.7h,103.26t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1skj4qH_VohIw5q-abYi-yJA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso