Power amplifier frequency: 2.4-2.5 GHz

Can anyone tell me, where I can find a schematic of power amplifier: frequency 2.4-2.5 GHz, power about 1W. I'd prefer a simple schematic with one transistor, I tried google, but I could find only very complicated systems. Does anybody know, where I can find something like this?

greets Wojtek N.

Reply to
wnas

You would be better off using a ready made module. There are plenty, see google and the websites of minicircuits, Eudyna, fairchild etc.

If you really want to make one then you need a complete design, not just a schematic, inductors are generally made using striplines on the pcb. Board layout and dimentions of the striplines are very critical. You have to use pcb material with the corret dielectric constant for the design.

10dB gain is about all you can expect from a single transistor. Have you got 100mW to drive the amp to get your desired 1watt output?

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Since the original poster appears to frequency computer newsgroups I'l add that an amplifier for wifi requires transmit and receive switching. This is not simple to do rapidly enough and without ruining the receiver sensitivity.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Plus it's illegal to do (in the US anyway.)

Modifying the output power violates Rule 15.209, and if the device is sold to the public, has to have "special" antenna connectors to prevent the purchaser from using higher gain antennas - which generate a stronger field strength, violates 15.203 and 15.204.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Actually I'm going to backtrack from this slightly. Some wifi equipment has settings to just use one antenna for transmission so you could put a unidirectional amplifier on one antenna connection and use the other for reception. This would loose the advantage of diversity reception. It would be ok for a line of sight fixed link where you could stack directional transmit and receive antennas. For typical access point laptop use with omnidirectional antennas multipath reception would add significant unreliability to the link.

True but who cares. A single wall attenuates 2.4GHz by

10-20dB, modern metalised office block windows and metal foil covered insulation sheets even more. In most cases a bit of extra power dosn't signficantly affect other people. The radio signals just don't have significant penetratation into other buildings. It retrys if it dosn't get through. Over 1W is very rare due to the cost.

Pointless as the "special" connectors are just as easy to get as standard RF connectors.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

A circulator could solve that problem !

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Do you think there might be a reason for that complexity?

I'm trying to build a database that can search 500 gigabytes in a few milliseconds but all the systems seem really complicated. I'd like to do it with one Commodore 64.

Does anybody know, where I can find something

minicircuits.com

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1