250 W 2.4 GHz MOSFET...

Some ham posted he is playing with it to get 250 W up to oscar100... It is actualy quite linear up to 250 W.

Seems designed for microwave ovens,

Threshold typical 1.75 V

18 dB gain...

Interesting thing.

67 $ from digikey Do I see this right and can one make a 24 V microwave oven with 4 of these?
Reply to
Jan Panteltje

$67 -- $ before number.

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

On a sunny day (Tue, 18 Jun 2019 09:39:04 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Simon S Aysdie wrote in :

67$00 ;-)
Reply to
Jan Panteltje

lolz

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

Am 15.06.19 um 22:05 schrieb Jan Panteltje:

Ah, those are pre-matched.

I'm tempted to use these here for 120 W at 432 MHz for a motorcycle-portable EME experiment powered by 10 Li cells:

<

But for ham radio, the price still seems somewhat excessive. Nevertheless, I have bought a sample of the 10W version to see how it works. Really I'd prefer a double PP transistor because most of the source RF currents would not have to leave the chip.

I have also found a nice MMIC for the receiver input: <

and an SAW-filter for the 432 MHz band. Siemens/EPCOS/TDK/Whatever_today B3710.

Seems to work (sorry, sunday morning home etched, not so pretty): <

2 Wire-wrap-wire vias under the thermal center pad of a 2*2 mm chip is somewhat hairy. You find yourself flattening the ground under the chip with 2000 sandpaper because of these thick 0.3 mm wires. But nothing to tune. :-)

and gain/loss: <

Noise factor measurement has to wait 2 weeks.

regards, Gerhard DK4XP

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Why would you want a 2.4GHz transistor for 432MHz? There are plenty of cheaper options, MRF6V2150NR1 for example (and push-pull like you wanted). The data sheet even has a schematic and layout.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

On a sunny day (Wed, 19 Jun 2019 00:41:24 +0200) it happened Gerhard Hoffmann wrote in :

Yes

Very expensive!

Motorcycles, yes, I had 2, very long time ago a Sparta, and later a Matchless bought in an auction from the army. IIRC that one was 350 cc. I stopped driving motorcycle when I almost flew off the road in a turn where there was some sand on the road.

Just yesterday I was reading that in the future you no longer need a special motorcycle driving license but a normal license will do in Germany?

Nice low noise, impressive!

I have some TB0299A 400 MHz SAW filters from ebay, cost about 5 USD, have not used those yet... The plan was to mix up to 400 MHz, then filter with these, then mix again to whatever. SAW filters are cool.

You find those very small SAW filters also in Wifi boosters for 2.4 GHz,

Looks OK.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Well, those GaN parts don't come slower and their higher operating temperature would be a plus in my small, heat sink limited design for portable use. And they are kinda sexy. :-)

But I've just ordered a MRF6V2150NR1, even if it's not for new designs and not push pull (it only looks that way). I had hoped to find one or two of these Mitsubishi hybrid PAs on HAMRadio 2019, but there was not much interesting.

Thanks! Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

OT: Question: mentioning portable use, do you have any updates on your motorcycle-portable EME station? I would love to hear more. For example, what is the antenna gain and at what frequency?

Thanks.

Steve, Ex - VE3CKS, VE2BLB, F7CD, VE3CWF

Reply to
Steve Wilson

Am 03.07.19 um 05:26 schrieb Steve Wilson:

A friend of mine, DL7APV, has built a huge 432 MHz array. Therefore, my side would be easy: 100W & 10 el yagi should be enough for 2 way CW, and much less for JST65. But if it's not CW, it is not considered "real" EME among many.

Since I like southern France and plan to do some motorcycle trips there in the next time, it would be a good opportunity to collect some squares and maybe dwarf countries. But everything must fit into the 2 alu boxes of the bike plus DSLR + lenses, and tent... on the back seat. The rig will be DELL XPS13, Red Pitaya + homebrew transverter.

The weekend 3 weeks ago I built the preamp with SKY67150 & SAW preselector filter. Sorry, home-etched. The wire vias under the

2*2 mm Sky chip with exposed GND center pad were somewhat difficult. :-) <

S21 is on the picture to the right.

That antenna is insane: <

73, Gerhard, DK4XP
Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Amazing! Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve Wilson

My apologies, I've spent too much time looking at the push-pull LDMOS.

Clifford Heath

Reply to
Clifford Heath

On a sunny day (Wed, 3 Jul 2019 04:37:29 +0200) it happened Gerhard Hoffmann wrote in :

I just did read this:

that board seems simple enough, bit of dremel work.

That MRF24300 goes for 98 USD on ebay:

Not sure those are not Chinese rebranded.

A _bit_ more elsewhere, about 900 USD:

Jan Panteltje

This gentleman makes solid copper thermal vias by swaging in a piece of tinned copper bus wire as a rivet. It's fast, and clever. wire ________ _ /_ _______ Cu ######## \\// ####### ######## | | #######

Reply to
dagmargoodboat