Picaxe: The Crappiest, Best mcu out there!

That approach would require enforcement on your part - not possible.

A better approach is to suggest a reader different from Google - I tried one, which messed up my PC. Any positive suggestions?

Reply to
haiticare2011

Thunderbird or Forte Agent.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

*ANYTING* but Google.
Reply to
krw

I have no idea what you are talking about. I say, "stop using Google Groups to post to newsgroups" and you say, "bad idea, but maybe I should use a different reader for newsgroups". ???

Yeah, lots of people have given suggestions. I use eternal-september and Thunderbird.

--

Rick
Reply to

Maybe he only wants to use a different interface to /read/ posts, but continue to make new posts using Google Groups? Of course, that would be stupid, and defeat the purpose of getting a real newsreader, but it would be consistent with his comments.

So do I, and many other people use that combination. It works well on Linux and Windows.

Reply to
David Brown

one,

If you are M$ only pan, tin, slrn, and Xnews are all pretty good; Agent is a bit better. If you have linux or Unix pan, tin, slrn, and Xnews are all native. Agent runs just fine in wine, that is what i use.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

OK will do. jb