Pence should be protected to avoid constitutional crisis

"And yet, the president and his advisors have learned absolutely nothing. W hen the president is known to be at risk, America must protect the vice-pre sident's health and safety at all costs. To do otherwise risks an unprecede nted disaster. Pence should be in a bunker at an undisclosed location. Inst ead, he?s scheduled to hold a live, no doubt crowded and maskless, rally in Arizona on Oct. 8. Allowing Pence to campaign with a pandemic ragi ng and an infected president in the hospital is an act of sabotage against both the American government and the Constitution. This isn?t just bad judgement. It?s completely reckless. Who cares about safeguardi ng America?s chain-of-command when you?ve got an election t o win?"

Opinion piece, by appellate lawyer:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Monday, October 5, 2020 at 8:12:47 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wro te:

When the president is known to be at risk, America must protect the vice-p resident's health and safety at all costs. To do otherwise risks an unprece dented disaster. Pence should be in a bunker at an undisclosed location. In stead, he?s scheduled to hold a live, no doubt crowded and maskless , rally in Arizona on Oct. 8. Allowing Pence to campaign with a pandemic ra ging and an infected president in the hospital is an act of sabotage agains t both the American government and the Constitution. This isn?t jus t bad judgement. It?s completely reckless. Who cares about safeguar ding America?s chain-of-command when you?ve got an election to win?"

Why is it a Constitutional crisis if the Vice President can't assume the ro le of President when it's not a Constitutional crisis when the President ca n't fulfill his duties???

Why is it reckless for the VP to attend rallies when it was prudent for the President to do so?

Something tells me there is a tremendous fear of the Speaker of the House a ssuming the duties of President just before an election. That is the stuff novels and TV series are written about! Let's all hope it happens. TV is pretty boring at the moment!

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,500 miles of free Supercharging
Ricketty C

Sunday's New York Times was all Trump, every article, every page, every section. All of it bad, boring, cliche'd writing. Well, they did squeeze in a little racism and a little Climate Change.

Multiple anonymous sources confirm that Trump, without a mask, allegedly drank a "glass" of so-called water which was without evidence claimed to be potable H2O. There is no proof that the glass was sterilized before or after use.

The probability of this virus doing serious damage to either Trump or Pence is low.

I've seen some studies that suggest that wearing cloth masks is not protective against airborne viruses. If it is a little protective, masking will help the virus stay active into winter.

So much wrongness.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

. When the president is known to be at risk, America must protect the vice- president's health and safety at all costs. To do otherwise risks an unprec edented disaster. Pence should be in a bunker at an undisclosed location. I nstead, he?s scheduled to hold a live, no doubt crowded and maskles s, rally in Arizona on Oct. 8. Allowing Pence to campaign with a pandemic r aging and an infected president in the hospital is an act of sabotage again st both the American government and the Constitution. This isn?t ju st bad judgement. It?s completely reckless. Who cares about safegua rding America?s chain-of-command when you?ve got an electio n to win?"

Maybe, ordinarily- but this doctor is changing that equation.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

My doctor does that too. She changes the probability that an infection will do me serious harm.

That's unnatural, when you think about it. I'm sure that you leave your own illnesses untreated.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

Yeah there was a novel called "Trinity's Child" where most of the line of succession was taken out by a nuclear surprise attack and the Secretary of the Interior became president and turns out to be a madman.

It was made into a TV movie in the early 90s re-titled "By Dawn's Early Light" a mostly dreadful adaption with Rip Torn and Rebecca De Mornay.

James Earl Jones is in it too and even though he's mostly phoning it in is a welcome relief whenever someone with acting ability shows up.

Reply to
bitrex

Oh I forgot Martin Landau does a decent job of playing the Jimmy Carter-insertion. If they'd just kept Landau and Jones they might have been on their way to making a decent film lol

Reply to
bitrex

ing. When the president is known to be at risk, America must protect the vi ce-president's health and safety at all costs. To do otherwise risks an unp recedented disaster. Pence should be in a bunker at an undisclosed location . Instead, he?s scheduled to hold a live, no doubt crowded and mask less, rally in Arizona on Oct. 8. Allowing Pence to campaign with a pandemi c raging and an infected president in the hospital is an act of sabotage ag ainst both the American government and the Constitution. This isn?t just bad judgement. It?s completely reckless. Who cares about safe guarding America?s chain-of-command when you?ve got an elec tion to win?"

The West Wing Read Trump) refers people who need to be told what to think t o this link:

Antivirals NEVER clear the virus from the body. The patient has to do that themselves through their adaptive immunity. Since his immunity is "naive" a s they say, I doubt he has even mounted a response yet, as that takes two w eeks for even a young, healthy person. The virus WILL bounce back the minut e his remdesivir regimen is discontinued. This is also a great way to selec t for remdesivir resistant strains of the virus too.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

ng. When the president is known to be at risk, America must protect the vic e-president's health and safety at all costs. To do otherwise risks an unpr ecedented disaster. Pence should be in a bunker at an undisclosed location. Instead, he?s scheduled to hold a live, no doubt crowded and maskl ess, rally in Arizona on Oct. 8. Allowing Pence to campaign with a pandemic raging and an infected president in the hospital is an act of sabotage aga inst both the American government and the Constitution. This isn?t just bad judgement. It?s completely reckless. Who cares about safeg uarding America?s chain-of-command when you?ve got an elect ion to win?"

e role of President when it's not a Constitutional crisis when the Presiden t can't fulfill his duties???

the President to do so?

se assuming the duties of President just before an election. That is the st uff novels and TV series are written about! Let's all hope it happens. TV i s pretty boring at the moment!

Those kinds of stories require more suspension of disbelief than I can mana ge, so never pay attention to that genre.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Yeah the only one of those fictional scenarios that struck me as somewhat realistic was this alternate-history piece from the late 90s mostly cobbled together from stock footage:

"In just 36 hours of war both sides have expended the majority of their (conventional) arsenals..."

Reply to
bitrex

OK, we'll verify your medical diagnosis.

Sounds like he spent the weekend in the hospital, walked out the front door, flew in his helicopter, and walked into the White House.

Sounds pretty tame so far.

There's not a lot of Trump or Pence that the virus could make any worse that it was before it got at them.

And how would that work? Not that the virus is showing much sign of caring which season it is so far.

John Larkin does have a talent for finding wrongness, and spreading it. Mostly he doesn't realise what he is spreading is wrong.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Wait until the New York Times can document the number of people Trump has managed to infect so far. He's going to be the greatest super-spreader ever, or die trying to get there.

Most of the people he is likely to infect are younger, less obese, and less likely to die. Some of them might even be white supremacists. This makes it all marginally less irresponsible.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

nothing. When the president is known to be at risk, America must protect the vice-president's health and safety at all costs. To do otherwise risk s an unprecedented disaster. Pence should be in a bunker at an undisclose d location. Instead, he?s scheduled to hold a live, no doubt crow ded and maskless, rally in Arizona on Oct. 8. Allowing Pence to campaign with a pandemic raging and an infected president in the hospital is an ac t of sabotage against both the American government and the Constitution. This isn?t just bad judgement. It?s completely reckless. Who cares about safeguarding America?s chain-of-command when you? ??ve got an election to win?"

did

ss

or

on

hink to this link:

that themselves through their adaptive immunity. Since his immunity is " naive" as they say, I doubt he has even mounted a response yet, as that t akes two weeks for even a young, healthy person. The virus WILL bounce ba ck the minute his remdesivir regimen is discontinued. This is also a grea t way to select for remdesivir resistant strains of the virus too.

Well, after my heart attack last May - which I didn't realize at the time - my only symptom was feeling a bit tired, and a sore right arm only at night.

I walked into the ambulance on the advice of the ERT and went into our local hospital where they then did more tests and they recommended that I shouldn't consider going home just yet...

Five days later in for open heart surgery as too many blockages for doing stents.

So, sure I could have ignored doctor's advice and gone home/back to work, but I probably would be dead by now. Instead I am merely my usual irritating self - who appreciates the Canadian health care system. Feeling pretty good these days too.

Not sure about this president of yours though, he sounds a bit foolish to me. You don't fool around with Covid-19...

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Am 06.10.20 um 01:51 schrieb John Larkin:

The religious right will move Easter to oct 5.

HE died for for our sins and resurrected from the Reed on the third day.

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

hing. When the president is known to be at risk, America must protect the v ice-president's health and safety at all costs. To do otherwise risks an un precedented disaster. Pence should be in a bunker at an undisclosed locatio n. Instead, he?s scheduled to hold a live, no doubt crowded and mas kless, rally in Arizona on Oct. 8. Allowing Pence to campaign with a pandem ic raging and an infected president in the hospital is an act of sabotage a gainst both the American government and the Constitution. This isn? t just bad judgement. It?s completely reckless. Who cares about saf eguarding America?s chain-of-command when you?ve got an ele ction to win?"

the role of President when it's not a Constitutional crisis when the Presid ent can't fulfill his duties???

or the President to do so?

ouse assuming the duties of President just before an election. That is the stuff novels and TV series are written about! Let's all hope it happens. TV is pretty boring at the moment!

n.

manage, so never pay attention to that genre.

Here's something that really happened:

When Britain Nuked America....Twice!

Fred Bloggs

nothing. When the president is known to be at risk, America must protect th e vice-president's health and safety at all costs. To do otherwise risks an unprecedented disaster. Pence should be in a bunker at an undisclosed loca tion. Instead, he?s scheduled to hold a live, no doubt crowded and maskless, rally in Arizona on Oct. 8. Allowing Pence to campaign with a pan demic raging and an infected president in the hospital is an act of sabotag e against both the American government and the Constitution. This isn? ?t just bad judgement. It?s completely reckless. Who cares about safeguarding America?s chain-of-command when you?ve got an election to win?"

did

ss

or

nk to this link:

hat themselves through their adaptive immunity. Since his immunity is "naiv e" as they say, I doubt he has even mounted a response yet, as that takes t wo weeks for even a young, healthy person. The virus WILL bounce back the m inute his remdesivir regimen is discontinued. This is also a great way to s elect for remdesivir resistant strains of the virus too.

What I saw was anything but tame. The short walk from the helicopter to the WH steps really knocked him out. It was clear that he was running an unco mfortable oxygen deficit, trying desperately to avoid having to sit down an d breathe hard while he posed for the photo op. I saw him gasping for air w ith increasingly deep breaths, that last gasp was a really mighty whole che st heave and then they cut off the video. Trump is a very sick man. My best guess is that his lung capacity is less than 50%, and probably much lower. Some of this will be permanent and some will be recovered. Given the early stage of his infection, this does not look good at all. And despite the cl aims of that Navy bs-artist doctor ( and idiot), "world class" health care doesn't mean it's any good, so small comfort there.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

he WH steps really knocked him out. It was clear that he was running an unc omfortable oxygen deficit, trying desperately to avoid having to sit down a nd breathe hard while he posed for the photo op. I saw him gasping for air with increasingly deep breaths, that last gasp was a really mighty whole ch est heave and then they cut off the video. Trump is a very sick man. My bes t guess is that his lung capacity is less than 50%, and probably much lower . Some of this will be permanent and some will be recovered.

Bit early to talk about permanent damage.

Too true. Trump was never going to be an easy-to-manage patient, and he's c learly willing to put his own life at risk in the hope of looking electable (at least to his supporters)..

class" health care doesn't mean it's any good, so small comfort there.

There's not a lot that medicine can do to slow the progress of the infectio n. Remdesivir is supposed to slow down the rate of viral replication, but it certainly doesn't stop it. Doctors can do quite a bit to keep people wit h severe infections alive, but essentially they are just buying time for th e immune system to do its work.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

the WH steps really knocked him out. It was clear that he was running an u ncomfortable oxygen deficit, trying desperately to avoid having to sit down and breathe hard while he posed for the photo op. I saw him gasping for ai r with increasingly deep breaths, that last gasp was a really mighty whole chest heave and then they cut off the video. Trump is a very sick man. My b est guess is that his lung capacity is less than 50%, and probably much low er. Some of this will be permanent and some will be recovered.

It's always present with significant loss of lung capacity. Quantifying it is difficult to assess without extensive testing.

clearly willing to put his own life at risk in the hope of looking electab le (at least to his supporters)..

Right- and pretending to be well, which it looks like he's doing, doesn't a ctually make a person well. Someone needs to tell Trump that.

ld class" health care doesn't mean it's any good, so small comfort there.

ion. Remdesivir is supposed to slow down the rate of viral replication, but it certainly doesn't stop it. Doctors can do quite a bit to keep people wi th severe infections alive, but essentially they are just buying time for t he immune system to do its work.

I posted a link a few months back about the massive loss of white blood cel ls in seriously ill people. The cell count being as low as 10% of the AIDS threshold. Medically unrelated to AIDS as it seems, it should give you a hi nt of the near total loss of immune function. The patient is unsalvageable at that point- just guessing.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs