Pence should be protected to avoid constitutional crisis

nothing. When the president is known to be at risk, America must protect the vice-president's health and safety at all costs. To do otherwise ris ks an unprecedented disaster. Pence should be in a bunker at an undisclos ed location. Instead, he?s scheduled to hold a live, no doubt cro wded and maskless, rally in Arizona on Oct. 8. Allowing Pence to campaign with a pandemic raging and an infected president in the hospital is an a ct of sabotage against both the American government and the Constitution. This isn?t just bad judgement. It?s completely reckless. Who cares about safeguarding America?s chain-of-command when you ?ve got an election to win?"

rib and

llet lodged

e's

of it.?

I was in the cadets for a while in high school. However we Canadians don't go to war very often so nothing happened when I was of age.

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Our (US and Canada's) involvement in WWII was a just intervention against gross evil. I think winning the Cold War was a good thing too. The rest of the world policing hasn't worked out well, and we seem to be withdrawing from that role. Economic persuasion seems to work better than guns.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

nothing. When the president is known to be at risk, America must protect th e vice-president's health and safety at all costs. To do otherwise risks an unprecedented disaster. Pence should be in a bunker at an undisclosed loca tion. Instead, he?s scheduled to hold a live, no doubt crowded and maskless, rally in Arizona on Oct. 8. Allowing Pence to campaign with a pan demic raging and an infected president in the hospital is an act of sabotag e against both the American government and the Constitution. This isn? ?t just bad judgement. It?s completely reckless. Who cares about safeguarding America?s chain-of-command when you?ve got an election to win?"

rib and

let lodged

's

of it.?

Not many people make good soldiers. Most of us have a rather strong instin ct to head the other way when bullets are flying around. That's a hard thi ng to suppress and is very counter productive for a soldier who needs to ke ep a level head and aware of the situation.

I find it amusing that you think YOU would not be a "good" soldier and so s hould not have needed to fight. That is the typical self centered Larkin t hinking. Your deferment is "legitimate" and others' deferments are not. S o Larkinesque.

What a nasty piece of work you are.

--

  Rick C.

  +- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

nct to head the other way when bullets are flying around. That's a hard thi ng to suppress and is very counter productive for a soldier who needs to ke ep a level head and aware of the situation.

should not have needed to fight. That is the typical self centered Larkin thinking. Your deferment is "legitimate" and others' deferments are not. So Larkinesque.

So, when and where did you serve? I served in the US Army in the mid '70 s.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

y nothing. When the president is known to be at risk, America must protect the vice-president's health and safety at all costs. To do otherwise risks an unprecedented disaster. Pence should be in a bunker at an undisclosed lo cation. Instead, he?s scheduled to hold a live, no doubt crowded an d maskless, rally in Arizona on Oct. 8. Allowing Pence to campaign with a p andemic raging and an infected president in the hospital is an act of sabot age against both the American government and the Constitution. This isn? ??t just bad judgement. It?s completely reckless. Who cares abo ut safeguarding America?s chain-of-command when you?ve got an election to win?"

a rib and

ed

ullet lodged

ne's

d of it.?

inct to head the other way when bullets are flying around. That's a hard t hing to suppress and is very counter productive for a soldier who needs to keep a level head and aware of the situation.

should not have needed to fight. That is the typical self centered Larkin thinking. Your deferment is "legitimate" and others' deferments are not. So Larkinesque.

If you ever had any idea about being a combat soldier (not a clerk) watch T he Outpost on Netflix and get back to me.

Reply to
Flyguy

I had it when I was a kid - not all that badly - and haven't had it since then. This isn't unusual.

The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour was a rather more prominent motivation to get involved. The "just intervention against gross evil" did get played up in the "Why we Fight" films made to motivate the cannon-fodder.

It's a pity that victory wasn't properly exploited. Russian has ended up dominated by Putin and his crew of criminal oligarchs. Some western money spent on encouraging the creation of a more constructive regime could have worked wonders.

It requires a better grasp of reality than Trump can manage.

All Trump can manage are trade wars.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

tinct to head the other way when bullets are flying around. That's a hard t hing to suppress and is very counter productive for a soldier who needs to keep a level head and aware of the situation.

so should not have needed to fight. That is the typical self centered Larki n thinking. Your deferment is "legitimate" and others' deferments are not. So Larkinesque.

The Outpost on Netflix and get back to me.

Real combat is usually described as long periods of utter tedium broken up by brief intervals of terror.

This doesn't make good television.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

nstinct to head the other way when bullets are flying around. That's a hard thing to suppress and is very counter productive for a soldier who needs t o keep a level head and aware of the situation.

d so should not have needed to fight. That is the typical self centered Lar kin thinking. Your deferment is "legitimate" and others' deferments are not . So Larkinesque.

ch The Outpost on Netflix and get back to me.

p by brief intervals of terror.

Hey SL0W MAN, you obviously haven't watched The Outpost.

Reply to
Flyguy

:

instinct to head the other way when bullets are flying around. That's a ha rd thing to suppress and is very counter productive for a soldier who needs to keep a level head and aware of the situation.

and so should not have needed to fight. That is the typical self centered L arkin thinking. Your deferment is "legitimate" and others' deferments are n ot. So Larkinesque.

atch The Outpost on Netflix and get back to me.

up by brief intervals of terror.

Why bother? the average IQ of combat soldiers is about 80. If you could do anything more demanding, the army uses you for that, in places where you co uld be expected to keep on doing it for longer.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to