Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors

Good Lord, AlwaysWrong. Learn to read!

Reply to
krw

You're always wrong, AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

No, I was not an IBM Fellow. Just a design engineer. Idiot!

You're still AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

It can make all the Johnson noise it wants to, I'd have a perfect business model for those and would soon retire on my own island, including landing strip and private jet :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 12:35:32 -0400, krw Gave us:

snip

It is a modern world, child. GOLD IS the "proper way", dufus.

Even my motherboards use it, and now you are going to tell me it costs so much more? If it did, they would not be doing it.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Purely imaginary, of course. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 14:34:36 -0400, Phil Hobbs Gave us:

Unless you are in Rock Ridge. There is a huge amount of Johnson noise there, regardless of the resistance value. :-)

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

The line was designed and set up by experts. And it's operated by experts. We prefer a few microinches of flat gold than some random number of mils of bumpy, crufty, tarnished ROHS solder.

750 pin BGAs, and lots of other things, solder better to planar, gold pads.
 Click to see the full signature

Mhos are cheaper and work just as well.

 Click to see the full signature

Am 01.06.2015 um 17:53 schrieb John Larkin:

.. and if you have 50 Ohms and -50 Ohms in series, I'd bet that not many simulators get the noise right thanks to node collapsing?

regards, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Except that they aren't ROHS.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Siemens may be, but they might not meet with biohazard safety rules.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Williams

You are such a trip... lol

--

Rick
Reply to

According to politicians and federal bankers there would be no node collapse as this would still total about +32 ohms. Or over +60ohms in Greece :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

No it doesn't. One of the very big contract manufacturers in the UK prefers to use bare copper with a protective organic coating for lead-free. They have no problems with this.

Too much gold is a bad thing, as it forms a brittle inter-metallic compound with tin which can reduce the reliability of the solder joint.

See for example

or

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

Are you sure you haven't got that backwards?

Cheers, James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Check this out. I found an online calculator to help convert between the two. Pretty cool, eh?

--

Rick
Reply to

Opps, forgot the link...

Rick
Reply to
rickman

all the coatings have pros and cons

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

the two. Pretty cool, eh?

Now that's handy! Now if they only had a calculator for going the other way...

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat