Zero Ohm resistor temination

Hi, What is the fundamental behind 'zero Ohm resister termination'? What value is this 0 Ohm resister is going to add on signal integrity? Thanks in advance.

Regards, Muthu.

Reply to
muthusnv

It will make it very quiet ;-)

...Jim Thompson

used as fuse links, used as jumpers on boards and depending on what type they are , some times used as local RF stand off chokes with a by pass cap on the other side. etc.. i have also seen them used in double side boards where there is a coil foil pattern on one side and the 0 ohm R on the other lined up on top of each other, this is like a parasitic choke mostly found were R.F. traveling around was a concern.

Reply to
Jamie

Zero "0" ohms means that there is no resistance. In theory, it means total conductance. In practice, it can be a piece of wire.

A zero ohm termination, really means a short, to terminate the load.

--

Jerry G. =====

Regards, Muthu.

Reply to
Jerry G.

I have seen them as circuit board jumpers on rigid circuit boards and also mistaken pico fuses too.....Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

Thanks all for your knowledge sharing...

Reply to
muthusnv