OT: Win7 setup, etc

I have a router that has a dial up option on it to operate an external modem via RS-232. Actually, I still have it, just don't use it. (SMC)

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Do not exactly understand..TWO computers and NO modem?

Reply to
Robert Baer

I stated facts re satellite cost and "reliability",at least as far as Hughes is concerned.

Reply to
Robert Baer

SMC Networks, SMC7004ABR

Starting at $31 used at Amazon:

Starting at $25 used at Ebay:

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

One semi-answer that did not work; path (what to do) did not match what i saw. Since Win7 is so fast to setup from scratch, i think i will fiddle around and see how much i can do with it - see if i can do all the grunt stuff that i do in Win2K; maybe transferrng all that work and scratching Win2K would work well.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Wel, please do not leave me hanging...Brand, Model, Cost, source???

Reply to
Robert Baer

SMC..SMC7004ABR

It has a print server, com port for an external modem (dial up) for failed WLAN connections or, you can use it at all times and you connect many PC's to it.. Its not wireless how ever, if that is what you need, you can connect a wireless unit into one of it's ports like I did for a long while and have both wire and wireless.

Just don't let the kids on it via the other ports, you'll get a very slow experience!

Used but should be ok.

New for $20 bucks

You can get refurbs also all over the place..

That model isn't the only one,, ,. You're welcome for doing the leg work for you.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Say Robert,

If you want it, I have one of these:

... that you can have for free.

They were quite popular when a lot of people still had dial-up but WiFi had already become popular.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

=20

for=20

even=20

stuff,

days.

They even have a partial clone of VBA for OOCalc. It may do what you = want at this point.

Reply to
josephkk

think

formats

one

but

I think it is/was called Crossover Office (wine variant/equivalent) that would actually run MSOffice on a linux base platform. Just the same, i have both environments and prefer Linux. I still do not quite know just what you are doing that you cannot accomplish in some Linux tool. You could send me an example on a floppy.

Reply to
josephkk

Thanks; will look at Amazon. Refuse to deal with liars and thieves like e-bay.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Even tho i am in a radio dark spot, i think there would e better security with a wired system. Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Click on any of the solid colored states, pad numbers or US in the map, and peruse the data. Some data points will indicate "estimate" or other added info.

Reply to
Robert Baer

It does have one Ethernet port on it.

But those SMC units with the built-in 4 port Ethernet switches are certainly better if you have >1 and

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Corel

think

elsewhere

extensively

you

formats

one

but

and

crapware

Nerd.

that

just

I can't do the interactive extra data thing (that i know of) but the = basic chart should be easy enough. I will give it a try. I will post if i can do it easy.

Reply to
josephkk

It is funny to watch you retards sniffing each others' asses.

You are an insult to dogs, however. Hell, you two are an insult to anything living.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

Corel

think

elsewhere

extensively

you

formats

one

but

and

crapware

Nerd.

that

just

Just looked at the page source for grins. Damn, that looks plug easy.

Reply to
josephkk

Corel

think

elsewhere

extensively

you

formats

one

but

and

crapware

Nerd.

that

just

Robert can you read abse? I found out how to get a "secondary Y axis" in OOo Calc.

Reply to
josephkk

Bad Boy! [swats AlwaysWrong with newspaper]

Reply to
JW

Fuck off, retard. Take that retarded company that puts out lame crap with old hardware and hacked circuitry (in a stupid way) with you while you are at it.

Tell us the name so I can be sure to never buy anything from there.

You must have a small 555 circuit that keeps you posting stupid shit here. Oh, that's right... you don't need the circuit to make the retarded posts. You are hard wired retarded!

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan