Reverse household electric meter

Does this thing work?

If so, how?

I also heard you can rewire your house to draw current between neutral and earth, and thereby

Paul Yeager

Reply to
Paul Yeager

Works per design criteria, moves your money to their pocket. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

So you are a crook?

Reply to
Raveninghorde

They work great! I have 5 of them and the Electric company actually pays me money, instead of sending a bill each month.

Reply to
JW

So we get to pay your electric bill, plus some more to boot. That doesn't seem very neighborly.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I think we *all* should do it, that way we can create a money machine that will support everyone forever. Yea, that's right, no one needs to work, and we'll all have above average incomes too. Cool, that is the way to go.

I'm going out and order ten of these devices, maybe more.

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

JW BS'es. At least here in AZ, there are neighborhood metering units that compare total consumption versus totals of home units, purportedly to catch "bad meters" :-)

Since about six months ago this is all electronic, remote sense. So I'd guess they'd snag your ass off to jail in about a week. ...Jim Thompson

ys

No! This thing generates dangerous, experimental, internationally banned /backwards/ electricity--not only will your meter run backwards, but clocks and computers too. Hairdryers and furnaces will suck instead of blow, washers will dirty your clothes, etc. And, worst of all, it'll drain the charge right out from your hybrid, shaver, iPod, etc.

Stay away!

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

The product is either:

(A) A device that violates the laws of thermodynamics, or (B) A scam.

I don't believe possibility A, because there's much better ways to make money from such a device than selling it retail. If I could build a device that manufactured power out of nowhere, I wouldn't be selling it on some chintzy little website. I'd be quietly building power stations, or loudly selling stock.

Chances are that the 'demo unit' either comes with a power meter that's been jiggered, or has a battery hidden inside with a little grid-tie inverter, and 'reverses the meter' until the battery runs down. I'd vote for a jiggered power meter -- that's easier. The "end user" units would do nothing except light lights, in any case.

There's a remote chance that there's a bug in the power meters used in Thailand, and the thing actually does reverse the power meter -- but I doubt that, as anyone making a power meter would have to be aware of power-meter scams, and working to defeat them. If that _was_ the case, as soon as you hooked up the gizmo and turned it on you'd be defrauding your power company.

So when you buy one, either you're buying it with intent to defraud your power company, or you're really not very bright at all. The folks selling these things are just plain crooks.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

ys

I'm too gullible*, Sorry JW (or perhaps you are chuckling).

George H.

*From sea gull a bird that will swallow anything?

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

quoted text -

Reply to
George Herold

That already happens in Europe with solar power feed in tariffs.

And because the tariffs are so generous some people in Germany and Spain have usde arc lights at night to generate solar power to feed into the grid.

Of course all the other users pay an inflated price for electricity to pay for the feed in tariff for "green" power.

/quote

Spanish authorities are investigating companies who claim to have produced solar energy at night

Authorities in Spain have launched an investigation into solar energy installations that have been selling electricity apparently generated at night.

/end quote

Reply to
Raveninghorde

Damn, I didn't realize it was so bad... Suck the charge right out of my cell phone, you say? That corks it for me.

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

I have a nice bridge in Brooklyn for sale. Want it?

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

just ask them:

Supa Boondee Shop and Export Division

3/336 BanPrachanivej 1, Building 2, 5th floor, Tessabarn Nimit Nua Rd, Ladyao, Jatujak district, Bangkok 10900, Thailand Tel: +66-2-5805286 Fax: +662-1580432
Reply to
anospam

Depends - do you deliver? ;-)

Thanks, $ich

Reply to
Rich Grise

My telephone doesn't seem to have a '+' key.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I'd say that's a fair assessment. :) YHBT (unintentionally.)

Reply to
JW

Try 011-66-2-5805286 that will work...

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

I plugged one of these in with the kid's stereo. Haven't heard a peep from his room in weeks.

Life is like an analogy.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

No.

The only way to make a meter run backwards is to supply power rather than drawing it.

No chance.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else