OT: Win7, Fit has finally hit the Shan

Does that work? I'll have to try that. I remember an XPS Viewer icon, but don't know what it does. ...Jim Thompson

Oooops! How does one print a PostScript file to XPS? Or will XPS Viewer open a PS file ?? ...Jim Thompson

Probably ninite.com as he said, which your quoting seems to have mangled somehow.

and probably then to

pedro

It only works if there is a PDF printer. aka adobe or foxit etc...

Win7 has the XPS printer built in, as well as the viewer.But it does not open PS files. At least I've never tried.

I use the XPS to get around the protected PDF files. I believe you get real text out of the XPS printing to a PDF printer.

Martin Riddle

I got confused with the thread changing direction. Here's how I print a PDF to a PDF and lose the copy protection...

Print the PDF with MS Publisher Color Printer, then (as I used to, anyway) run the resulting PS file thru Adobe Distiller to get back to PDF.

I've also found that I get better images from Firefox articles if I print to PS, then convert to PDF. ...Jim Thompson

Thanks. This keyboard really sucks. I have no idea why, but the cursor will make random movements and I'll continue typing there. I assume that's what happened here, to.

Reply to
krw

On Sat, 05 Sep 2015 21:59:17 -0400, krw Gave us:

Is there a touchpad nearby?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yes, but that's not the issue. It's some key combination that makes the cursor do crazy things.

Reply to
krw