Standard fit?

GD> Do the standard raspbian, etc, come with C compiler, ^---Yes I believe it does GD> assembler and Python interpreter? ^---------^----------+ | +-----No, I don't think it does. But, you can always add them with:
sudo apt-get install python and whatever the package name is for the assembler you want to use...
John H. Guillory Phone: 601-754-9233 Fidonet: 1:396/60.0@fidonet E-Mail: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Dovenet: vert/mainline BBS: kingcoder.net Black5: time/mainline Amateur Radio Net: time/mainline
Reply to
John H. Guillory
Do the standard raspbian, etc, come with C compiler,
assembler and Python interpreter?
Reply to
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
GCC depends on the GNU assembler, if you have the former then you will have the latter too.
--
https://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/
Reply to
Richard Kettlewell
Raspbian has most of the development tools you will need/want and a few more. (Note that's Raspbian, not Raspbian-lite - which they can all be added too, if needed)
Espeically Python - since the Pi in Raspberry Pi is all about Python and everything the foundation have been releasing for the past 6 years about the Pi has involved Python - it's the new BASIC apparently.
If you have older Pi's and SD cards then it's probably best to downlaod a new version of the Raspbian IMG file and dd/etcher it to an SD card.
Gordon
Reply to
Gordon Henderson
& python is most definitely installed on raspian
--
  I never liked you, and I always will. -Samuel Goldwyn
Reply to

unpack it and do:
sudo cp fasmarm /usr/local/bin
Get some sources from here:

Assemble any of the packages with:
fasmarm -m 262144 kernel7.asm kernel7.img
or kernel.asm or kernel8.asm depending on your Pi.
Prepare the sdcard as described on the site, copy the kernel over and insert the card into your Pi and boot.
--
aen
Reply to