OT: Why I love New England - 01

Pomegranate Dry (diet) with Compari and lime. And two rocks.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Personally, I roll a mean, and very dry, Sake Martini ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Hello Win and Jim,

We take gin, add brown sugar, a cinnamon stick and blackberries and let that sit for about two months. After filtering through a cheese cloth in a sieve out comes a deceiving drink where you don't feel the alcohol.

Then again, I guess the berries are from New England.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

That's good, and you are to be commended. However, good Sake and vodka is available anywhere, whereas Polar's Pomegranate Dry is *only* available in New England. That was my comment.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Is Polar's Pomegranate a soda?

...Jim Thompson

DO you mean this :

Donald

Yes. I wonder if anyone else makes a Pomegranate soda?

I'm especially fond of Pomegranate, because it grew near my uncle's house and I enjoyed eating the fruits as a boy.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

My wife brings home bottles of Pom juice

It's not a soda, but mixing with a little ginger ale is pleasant.

As for eating the fruit, too much bother.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Eating pomegranates is a real pain in the teeth ;-)

...Jim Thompson

And of course you can just drink Grenadine and soda--as in the Shirley Temple. Real grenadine is sweetened concentrated pomegranate juice.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs