Lime skates

I looked at one of those Lime electric skateboards. It has a QR code sticker, and no other user interface, that I noticed.

I never rented one, and wonder how the system works, the network stuff. It looks complicated. Customer reads it with his phone camera... then what? I guess he runs a Lime app, but how how does it start the unit? The phone dials a Lime number, and a server responds, activating the scooter? It has a cell phone line built in?

There's also the question of how Lime gets paid, another network software question.

Also, the hardware... what telemetry dos it use? Communicates with the user through a Bluetooth connection?

Anybody here have experience with suchlike consumer products? Thanks,

--
Rich
Reply to

mandag den 14. september 2020 kl. 22.47.49 UTC+2 skrev RichD:

internet connection via a cellphone and GPS for location, I guess a skateboard needs a remote for throttle, probably via bluetooth

only tried scooters, install the app(add payment information), scan the QR code and click unlock and you are good to go

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Never seen/heard of one. But I bet it has separate batteries for security functions (like GPS & cellular) as for propulsion...

Reply to
Mike Coon

why? it stops and won't let you start a new trip when the battery runs low, at the point I'm sure it still has enough juice to run GPS & cellular