OT: Whats the best wireless Keyboard

Hey all,

I'm looking for a good wireless keyboard, 104 keys, no funky eronomic desings, just rectangular. Microsoft has one, anyothers?

Thanks

Reply to
Martin Riddle

just rectangular.

Got a walmart in your area? The keyboard I am using is wireless, USB and on my HP laptop. Works well, "key touch" has a nice feel, resolution of the mouse is good, been working for 8+ months--cost $14.99 on sale. They had 'em all the way up to near $100.00 (all USD prices.)

CON:

Keyboard takes 2 AA batteries--mouse takes two--but then they last for months (I use NiMH 2600mAh rechargable.)

What do you consider "good?"

Regards, JS

Reply to
John Smith

desings, just rectangular.

my HP laptop. Works well, "key touch" has a

$14.99 on sale. They had 'em all the way up

(I use NiMH 2600mAh rechargable.)

I should have defined good as in Tactile key feedback. Some are mushy, such as the ones Dell is now using. Microsoft's are firmer, better than most. Too bad Keytronic does not have a good Wireless version.

Martin Riddle

the ones Dell is now using. Microsoft's are

You appreciate the same qualities I do.

I learned to type in high school on a manual typewriter, then, in college, on an electric. Unfortunately, I can't find a keyboard with that exact, same decisive "click" those old electrics had. The first IBM PCs' keyboards did an acceptable job of mimicking them--now I have gotten used to use a small, dull thud from the keys. :-(

Perhaps you will get a better response ...

Regards, JS

Reply to
John Smith

as the ones Dell is now using. Microsoft's are

Not wireless but might be of interest in the area of sound and feel The Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 "clack clack clackity clack"

Faster typing on

D from BC British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
D from BC

as the ones Dell is now using. Microsoft's are

an electric. Unfortunately, I can't find a

first IBM PCs' keyboards did an acceptable

the keys. :-(

Picked up a Micro innovation keyboard to pair with my Logitech VX mouse. Works ok, mushy keys. unlike the VX mouse this has no FCC ID # ! (lol) I'll keep the Keytronic in the closet just in case.

Martin Riddle

as the ones Dell is now using. Microsoft's

Some impressive stuff there. I'm slow, best was 50wmp. Dont practice enough.

Martin Riddle

just rectangular.

epinions.com, cnet.com, shopping.com all have user entered reviews for products. amazon.com also has reviews.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

You can still get the clicky keyboards, made by the same folks that used to be part of IBM Lexington. They got spun off as part of Lexmark, and then spun off again as Unicomp:

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Really? I thought the keyboard manufacturing business was sent to Scottland, then split off, then sold off to Unicomp. I didn't know they were still in Lexington.

They are great keyboards though. I'm using one of their USB "buckling spring" keyboards now. I have a few "Model-M"s but my laptop didn't like PS/2 keyboards. The Dell I use at work is junk, though the neighbors likely wouldn't like a keyboard this clicky.

--
Keith
Reply to

Could easily be. They were spun off a _long_ time ago now, and (for all I know) may be made in Antarctica by scab penguins. ;)

They were still in Lexington about 8 or so years ago, when I bought the keyboards I'm still using.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I am going to get one.

Any thoughts on what would be best for a laptop used in travel?

Regards, JS

Reply to
John Smith

You're pretty hard core if you want to take a full-sized 104 key keyboard travelling. My hat's off to you, sir--you're obviously even more of a dinosaur than I am, which is going some. ;)

I like their PC104 keyboard with Trackpoint II, but OTOH my right index finger is chronically a little bit sore from the stiff Trackpoint action. Sure is quick compared with a mouse, though.

CHeers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yes. Well, I tried to stop around 35 years of age--brakes didn't work. :-(

I will give that one a try. You should see this HP dv9000 I fell in love with, a BIG laptop.

Thanks and regards, JS

Reply to
John Smith

It looks like you're right:

They do seem to have a Kentucky twist. ;-)

--
Keith
Reply to

as the ones Dell is now using. Microsoft's

an electric. Unfortunately, I can't find a

first IBM PCs' keyboards did an acceptable

the keys. :-(

part of IBM Lexington. They got spun off as

Thanks for that link!!

Reply to
Martin Riddle