OT - What's wrong with this country

Ted Baxter would be proud! ;-)

Have you visited Dayton or Lima? Both have nice electronics surplus stores.

in dayton, and
in Lima.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Avoid the Cantonese food in Canton, OH, though, it's worse than you could imagine!

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

ng

ng

in

ish

one

rogram

I do get some of the podcasts like Neil Krulwich's "Hmmmm" and "Wait,=20 Wait... Don't Tell Me".=20

Around here we have WGBH, WGBX and WSBE. The first two are WGBH proper, the latter is RI's PBS station.

Let me guess... a restaurant that advertises "Chinese and American Food"?

In my experience, those are without exception quite terrible.

Dave Platt
  1. Government spending.
  2. High taxes.

Take care of those two first and the rest more easily falls in line.

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

We have a new Japanese-Mexican restaurant down the hill, and it's magnificent.

John

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 AE6EO

I learned at a dinner stop in rural Utah that if the manager of a Chinese restaurant is wearing a cowboy hat, the Chinese food they are serving probably came from a ChungKing can.

Reply to
Richard Henry

I'll have to remember that, though I doubt I'll be tempted in the short while I'm likely to be here. ;-)

--
Keith
Reply to

I wouldn't know. I never even slowed down while passing through.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida