c programming of microcontrollers

Guys can anione suggest some websites havin free tutorials on C programming of microcontrollers (precisely intel 8051 family )it would b of great help

Reply to
mach

also info about any book on the subject( available in india) vud b of great help

Reply to
mach

mkaras

There are many good webpages, but the 8051 instruction set is very nice for embedded system tasks, see for example my field report with my first 8051 based development board and LabView virtual instrument development:

If you know already some assemblers, like 68k or Intel x86, you can learn

8051 assembler in a few days.
--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

Also,

Martin Riddle

No 8051's but some great microcontrollers.

Reply to
Marra

Widely considered to be the most C-hostile environment:

*-ISO-C-*-is-*-*-supported+Very-few+AVR-tiny-*+PIC12+reentrancy+qq+*-entrant-*+automatics+portability+ww-ww+uu+obsolete+yy-yy+pp-pp+paging

Reply to
JeffM

For the 8051, refer to the documentation for the specific complier you'll be using to learn the 8051-specific syntax.

For general C knowledge, you can't beat the free publication from Stanford University, "Essential C":

Good luck!

Tom

Reply to
Tom2000

The chip-specific functions, e.g. serial ports and timers, will have library functions whose details are totally nonstandard between compiler vendors. If you need to change compilers, which happens fairly often, it's the library that will cause you the pain--so try to minimize the number of places you'll need to change, e.g. by wrapping the library call in a function or a function-like macro.

Several years ago I had to change from Microchip's C17 compiler to HiTech C due to extreme bugginess. Not fun, but worth it in the end.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Google for 'sdcc' (free 8051 C compiler).

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

*-ISO-C-*-is-*-*-supported+Very-few+AVR-tiny-*+PIC12+reentrancy+qq+*-entrant-*+automatics+portability+ww-ww+uu+obsolete+yy-yy+pp-pp+paging

Not to mention that bank switching is evil. >:->

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise