What's wrong with my TV?

There is something wrong with my TV. Everytime I turn it on, I see someone get shot and killed with a gun. There must be something wrong with the set.

Reply to
oldschool

Leave your TV alone. It's working just fine. Every time I turn on my TV, all I see are advertisements. I would rather see someone get shot and killed with a gun than to watch and listen to endless advertisements. Consider yourself fortunate to have a TV that's free of advertising.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature

Don't they have advertisements for guns of all legal types?

Showing how lethal they are?

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

It's the next best thing to being there. My old Sony reproduces blood color quite faithfully.

Death sells because people want to kill somebody.

People want to kill somebody because they got it coming.

Reply to
jurb6006

Actually, I have no idea. I don't watch OTA (over the air) TV or cable TV, where most of these commercials might appear. I watch YouTube, which has a few short commercials, including some involving shooting accessories and legal services. I would think that with all the TV shows full of guns, death, and mayhem, it would not be necessary to advertise that guns tend to be lethal. Well, maybe Hollyweird does engage in some deceptive advertising that could use some correcting: "Hollywood Weapons, Fact or Fiction"

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

That the earth would be improved by your removal from it does not make me want to kill you, or even wish in the slightest for your death or injury. It simply remains a fact.

Much as the incumbent orange toad. Same general observation, but absolutely no wish that it should happen, or to attempt to precipitate said happening. On the latter, however, the toad is working briskly towards its own removal. All good.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

Your set is stuck on the old west station showing reruns.

Put new batteries in the remote.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Metv has been running the really old Gunsmokes, I mean Arnez was so young he may have been carded to buy beer.

I like the intro to some of them, Dillon shoots someone and then looks at them very intently as if to say "Are you dead ? If not I gotta waste more rounds on your ass". One of my favorite things on TV.

Reply to
jurb6006

Agreed, sounds like excessive Xray production / badly set EHT. (How do you get rid of the bodies?)

Try upgrading to a flat LCD set, they don't have a built in gun, so probably safer ...

--
Adrian C
Reply to

That is odd, I very rarely see anyone get shot. Are you sure you are not picking violent programs? I'd suggest you only watch programs with sex, but then you might start complaining about that, catch someones ear and it could get banned. Then what would I watch?

Mikek

Reply to
amdx