OT: what it seems to take to live tobe 110.

Interesting paper in this week's Proceedings of the (US) National Academy of Sciences

Apparently the 110-year-olds looked at had a much higher proportion of "killer" T-cells (about 25%) than younger people (3%).

The paper doesn't seem to know whether this is a cause or an effect.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Who is Toby?

Reply to
Robert Baer

I imagine Robert Baer will be able to explain why he posted this question.

I don't imagine that explanation will be worth reading, any more than the question is. Robert is a Baer of very little brain.

--
Bill Slkoman, Sydney
Reply to

So often difficult to tell, c.f. amyloid plaques...

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

of Sciences

iller" T-cells (about 25%) than younger people (3%).

It's an effect. Defect free reproduction of the cellular telomere with cell division has been associated with longevity for many decades. Since that s ame characteristic is responsible for the pronounced clonal expansion of ly mphocytes, the elevated CD4 CTL populations follow.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Say it differently: BAREly a brain..

Reply to