OT: TV dictatorship

Hello Roy,

If I'd ever do that (probably never will) it would have to be QNX or something as stable as that. But with the quality of TV being what it is today I'd like to restrict my efforts to plugging in a power cord and the antenna connector :-)))

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Yes, and you helped get rid of one monitor, but I've stopped taking monitors by themselves. I did get a nice HP P1130 from the local county offices recently: but only because I was promised up to 100 complete systems when they start their next round of upgrades in November.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hi Michael,

Could you actually find a home for that many systems? I'm surprised there's so much need out there these days, given how -- relatively speaking -- cheap computers are.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:31:18 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell" Gave us:

Cool. That'll keep 'em occupied. Or is that a bad word here??? :-]

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

There is to people with barely enough money to eat and keep their lights on. There also a number of non profits that need computers and can't afford them. I also know a lot of other disabled people that could use a free, working computer.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Its not an occupation when they are on your side. :)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Incorrect. There are many digital broadcasters with duplicate analog and digital signals in most metropolitan areas. Stick up your antenna feed it to a digital tuner and watch TV.

Incorrect. By FCC regulation it must be standardly receivable without fee from broadcast providers.

Incorrect. KQED, WBGO, and many other viewer supported stations already have digital broadcasts. The poorer stations may get frozen out though.

satellite. This is why Net Neutrality is so important. It limits the cable and satellite operators ability to gore you.

No. converter boxes are already available

Lots of people have already and there is still room for more, wanna join forces and go for it?

Probably.

--
JosephKK
--Schiller

I do not like this Roy, he fell far short of the challenge. I want the other Roy.

--
JosephKK
--Schiller

Roy, some time when you are not is a bitchy, contemptuous, contentious mood i might like to swap jass, classical, and early rock music snips and notes with you. In an appropriate medium / mode / channel of course.

--
JosephKK
--Schiller

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 06:29:14 GMT, joseph2k Gave us:

It's only a paper Moon.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

mood

The roar of the greasepaint the smell of the crowd.

--
JosephKK
--Schiller

Just my opinion, but, i suspect you are doing a better (more effective) job now than before you got your DD214.

--
JosephKK
--Schiller

down!!!

Point made. I will be more thoughtful about what lifetime i expect from things for a while.

--
JosephKK
--Schiller

That also applies to politics.

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I have never taken on a job half way, from the time I was 10 years old and mowing lawns to buy my first electronics tools, till now, some

40+ years later. I just wish that I felt better so I could complete more systems per week. I have to depend on a volunteer to put some of the heavier items on the bench because I can only use one hand to lift things. :(
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida