OT: TV dictatorship

On 3 Jul 2006 02:04:32 -0700, "Andrew VK3BFA" Gave us:

You're a goddamned idiot.

There are a lot more content offerings available now than there was when a retarded remark like yours was even close to being correct.

And only a dipshit like you would call those that enjoy TV viewing "obsessing" about it. Why the f*ck are you even in this thread? Are you providing the baseline noise?

Get back into school and study psychology and socio-economics AFTER you learn more electronics, but for now, stick to the electronics attempts... you know... one step at a time.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On 3 Jul 2006 02:04:32 -0700, "Andrew VK3BFA" Gave us:

Why do images of Ross Perot come to mind here?

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On 3 Jul 2006 02:04:32 -0700, "Andrew VK3BFA" Gave us:

You're f****ng demented, dude.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On 3 Jul 2006 02:04:32 -0700, "Andrew VK3BFA" Gave us:

I get 5 Hrs of sleep a night, max... on a good day.

Online, I download renderings of art, books, music, etc. and enjoy all.

I'll bet that I have heard more Jazz, more Big bands, more classical, and more rock and blues in the last month than you have in the last year.

Oh, and there's that damned TV too... I have seen more news casts, more CSPAN coverage, more weekly series (CSI), and more privately purchased films in the last week than you have in the last month as well.

Oh yeah.. I work on jet fighter control systems, and have several designs in the works for private consumer products.

What was that you were saying about folks that watch TV?

Do you even know what a Capra film is, boy?

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On 3 Jul 2006 02:04:32 -0700, "Andrew VK3BFA" Gave us:

Some of them even tell Usenet retards to f*ck off.

Fuck off, retard.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 17:12:57 GMT, Joerg Gave us:

My $1200 LCD HDTV is 32" and IS also my PC monitor. So much for that space savings.

In your case, if the Captain made a big party room, YOU have to convert it to a theater/ sound room, or at least add a partition to use part of the room for something else. If it is big enough for entertaining guests on their feet, it is big enough to make an HT from. The TV for that would be lame at $2000. A projector might be the best path there. They are getting better and better by the month... literally.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 20:17:30 GMT, Joerg Gave us:

Not according to "Andrew VK3BFA", the Modern Technology retard.

Cool.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 01:03:05 GMT, Richard The Dreaded Libertarian Gave us:

You could be a little more retarded, but not today.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 01:05:20 GMT, Richard The Dreaded Libertarian Gave us:

As if a retarded twit like you could ever make a valid assessment of someone else.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

My point proved........gee Roy, can you post without being abusive? - oh, what aeroplane are you working on - how do you manage to pass the psych tests every year?

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

On 3 Jul 2006 22:04:25 -0700, "Andrew VK3BFA" Gave us:

The point you proved is that you think you can get away with your retarded, snide remarks, but you can't, chump.

What do you have blame dyslexia now?

More bullshit remarks? Fuck you.

Your retarded ass goes for "psych tests" "every year" in your odd society.

Here? We don' need no stinkin' psych tests here, Gringo.

As if a chump like you could make a valid assessment of someone to begin with. Go back and read your vague baby bullshit. Maybe you'll wake up and smell the golden rule.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Ok Roy, I admit defeat. I am no match for your soaring intellect, your acute powers of observation, you unerring ability to respond wisely and succintly to a point. Gosh, I bet your fellow countrymen are glad they have someone like you in their midst, parading his skill, knowledge, wisdom and language skills before the world.

Andrew VKBFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

Sheeesh! Such trivial worries. Go back a few issues of MIT's Technology Review and see what Sony has sneakily done to you; or how about (no surprise) "Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA)" ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Hello Roy,

32" would be ok. However, we don't want to watch the news in the office and neither do we want the computer in the living area.

Easier said than done in our case. The house has lots of windows. Actually, there is no space in outside walls where there isn't a window. We sold many of our cabinets after moving in because there was no place to set them down. The back of the room is open architecture into a kitchen/dining area. The far side is all volcanic rock with a built-in huge fireplace (now with wood stove). No way to place a large set. The current 25" tube set is alredy an eyesore.

Then we never sit inside during summer. We have a little TV outside and coax connections. Now, an LCD for that TV would be nice to avoid the heavy schlepping when the wind kicks up and we have to move to the north side.

I thought about that because we could mount the projector nicely above the kitchen where the cathedral ceiling stops. I could even make it a vented alcove. But that would require a roll-down screen at the other side. Not nice since this would ruin the huge volcanic rock wall because it's topped with an open-beam cathedral ceiling. Plus the screen would come too close to a wood stove there. Anyway, what I wanted to say is that there are a few houses that weren't built with video entertainment in mind. More so in Europe though, this one here is kind of unusual.

The other things is, would we really utilize the TV much? Probably not.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 18:45:55 GMT, Joerg Gave us:

One can set up a screen nearly anywhere. On the back porch up on a railing sounds easy.

The cool thing about a projector is that it doesn't matter what screen size you have for it. So you could have multiple screens in a closet, and only get them out for use. You wouldn't be looking at your rock wall while viewing a TV presentation.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Hello Roy,

I pondered that some time ago. Something like a sturdy foldout mechanism that you could flip outward from underneath the low facial boards we have. But that would mean keeping a four-digit $ piece of equipment outdoors. Could be protected from rain and stuff but not from the shady elements of society that desperately need a few bucks for their next fix. A really cool thing would be a projector behind a window and a roll-up screen outside. Or the projector behind a custom hole in an outside wall. Very stealthy.

The only way to do it here would be a screen that kind of pushes up from below. A tall cabinet in front of that rock wall would look yucky, plus the fire marshall would have a fit because it'll be close to the large stove. The house is built like a ship, with that wall being pretty narrow. None of the corners in the living area is at a right angle.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

It has not dictated. You voted for the government to decide in your stead. That's how democracy works. Time to grow up.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

What about those of us who voted against them? We're just screwed then, right?

I guess that's the joy of democracy - it doesn't matter how wrong you are, as long as you have a lot of company.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Nah, not really.

That's how a Democratic _Republic_ works. ;-)

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Of course. We are a Republic, NOT a Democracy.

But what is the Democratic People's Republic of Korea ?:-)

...Jim Thompson