OT: This clunker didn't give up so easily

Documenting destruction of perfectly good engines.

Martin Riddle

Another of the costs of buying into the Church of AGW.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

I wonder what the 'total environmental impact' of that is.

Do you notice that the greens never mention that phrase any more ? I suspect it's because their schemes for the world wouldn't look too good under such a microscope.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

When the 3 major parties ( in the UK ) agree on something you KNOW it must be wrong ! My former local MP, to his great credit, queried a recent Climate Change Bill on the basis of costings and was told by the Speaker of the House to "shut up" !

Oh right. Great thing this so-called democracy is.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

There is nothing great about democracy. Especially when paying population is below 50% of the voters.

Let's say we have three people.

1 & 2 vote to tax 3rd @ 99% rate. 2 & 3 vote to tax 1st @ 99% rate. 3 & 1 vote to tax 2nd @ 99% rate.

Aty the end you have a 100% democracy and 1% prosperity.

--
Andrew
Reply to

Apart from politics, it seems to say something for the Volvo engine ??

Rheilly P

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Insane. My car is a VW Golf >10 years old and would qualify under the similar UK scheme. It does an *average* of 56mpg, and tops out at 75mpg at 55mph.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Quite. It's a disgrace that will take very efficient cars off the market.

Unless you can affors a NEW car will keep that 'clunker'. Pure political insanity.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

UK

market.

Perhaps it is part of the package to "save" the car companies and the banks.

Reply to
JosephKK

And sell even more people loans they can't afford.

Reply to
krw

UK

t.

Cash-for-clunkers =3D poor tax. Cars that used to go for

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

You make zero sense.

They are GIVING $4500 for a clunker that gets destroyed. NONE of the NEW cars they are required to subsequently buy are at a $4500 price tag, and NONE of them were previously only worth $1000.

You got lost on what this cash for clunkers thing is all about.

Reply to
OutsideObserver

Leaving that car unavailable for the person who actually knows that he can't afford a new car.

You're lost about what the free market is all about.

Reply to
krw

You have no clue what I know about.

Reply to
OutsideObserver

How wrong you are. You've revealed plenty about yourself, here.

Reply to
krw

If you continue to feed the troll you will continue to be fed shit in return.

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Postings via gmail, yahoo, hotmail, aioe, uar or googlegroups, and troll feeders, are now automatically kill-filed using Agent v5.0

To be white-listed, send request via the E-mail icon on my website

Wrong again.

Reply to
OutsideObserver

Jim Thompson's favorite soap opera, starring himself:

As The Retard Churns...

Reply to
OutsideObserver

:

ilar UK

arket.

tical

is the UAW's gain!"

Right. I've a great friend on hard times, who was hoping to bootstrap by scoring a ride, with a max. of $1.5k. And there were plenty of possibles, surprisingly. I've been scoping 'em.

Emphasis on the "were." Then Obama got busy buying, destroying 'em, and driving up the price.

Hope and change, snatched.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Sodium silicate? How about just pouring water into the intake manifold? Or putting salt water into the radiator. Is sodium silicate a waste product the industry would like to dispose of?

Michael

Reply to
Michael