OT: The Magnetar

It's old news, but I just found it today.

It's old news but I just found out today..

A magnetar is estimated at 10Gigateslas. GT

Well..that'll saturate ferrite.. :P

From episode 9 season 3 of "The Universe" It's guessed that a magnetar gamma pulse from a few hundred light years away could blast away the Earth's atmosphere. Poof!

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Now, now...let us not get that dutch filbert started....

Reply to
Robert Baer