Live news

I normally don't watch or read any news because it is boring. But with Ukrainia going on I am for the first time interested.

I only have Internet on my cable. Nothing else. Is there a good web site for streaming live news reporting?

Reply to
Dan Purgert

Dan Purgert wrote: =================

** U-tube does a fairly good job.

But the coverage is patchy, lacking in detail so not very informative.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Presumably the PGP signature can prove it one way or the other whether you did?

Reply to
Andy Burns

It did look to be signed to me, the full message, headers and all is pasted at the bottom of this reply

Yes, I remember them asking what value it added, and thought this might be an example of it being some use (or indeed showing that is it is no use) but I can't remember who it was either.

Path: uni-berlin.de!fu-berlin.de!news.karotte.org!news2.arglkargh.de!news.mixmin.net!eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail From: Dan Purgert snipped-for-privacy@djph.net Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair Subject: Live news Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 04:50:30 -0000 (UTC) Organization: A noiseless patient Spider Lines: 22 Message-ID: <wn5o4vz1zz7w$. snipped-for-privacy@djph.net Injection-Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 04:50:30 -0000 (UTC) Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="e88df10802901fd3a32699e7d95292b6"; logging-data="24320"; mail-complaints-to=" snipped-for-privacy@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1/vrw52a0xBeAsmj0V5JXaJ" User-Agent: slrn/1.0.3 (Linux) Cancel-Lock: sha1:6D7rQrAwQrp6I3XFSr3nlMIO9m8= Xref: uni-berlin.de sci.electronics.repair:598366

I normally don't watch or read any news because it is boring. But with Ukrainia going on I am for the first time interested.

I only have Internet on my cable. Nothing else. Is there a good web site for streaming live news reporting?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thunderbird says similar

"Only a subset of this message was encrypted using OpenPGP. The readable parts of the message that are already shown were not encrypted. If you click the decrypt button, the contents of the encrypted parts will be shown."

but clicking decrypt doesn't show any more, since there isn't a signed part.

Yes, for your previous message, thnderbird will show the signed part, but I can't seem to get your actual PGP key from anywhere, tried key IDs

0x4CE72860 DDAB23FB19FA7D851CC1E0676D6570E54CE72860 05CA 9A50 3F2E 1335 4DC5 4AEE 8E11 DDF3 1279 A281 ?fake?

Presumably Ray at E-S can identify the account, it seems to be unique to that message.

Andy Burns

Dan,

There are a plethora of news sites available with a decent internet connection. My first choice usually is:

However, you can search on any of the major networks (in the USA that would be ABC/NBC/CBS/PBS/CNN and more) Also NPR (National public Radio) is decent. The CBC in Canada is likely pretty good.

I've found the major US networks a bit too myopic, in that they'll tell you that x AMERICANS were killed in some disaster, ignoring people of other nations. It is what I like about BBC (British Broadcasting Company). You'll have to look at a few and decide which is right for you.

Best regards

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

I can find it (slowly) by hand on pgp.mit.edu, but not on keyserver.pgp.com, and thunderbird's own "automatic" lookup couldn't find it, whatever that uses.

yes thunderbird now finds and imports keys and validates your signed messages

Reply to
Andy Burns

This will tell you which news to read based on your bias preferences.

Rudolph Rhein