OT: Suggested action for deniers.........

The author of this column has a great idea! It should be compulsory.

Kennedy

"People on the left instinctively believe in communal action, the role of government and the efficacy of international agencies such as the UN. They were always going to believe in climate change; it's the sort of problem that can best be solved using the tools they most enjoy using."

Efficacy of the UN? That pretty well says it all, doesn't it?

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Why should it be only "deniers" ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

It would only be fair to tattoo everybody's predictions on their foreheads:

ALARMIST

SKEPTIC

DENIER

Well, maybe not the skeptics.

John

Hey, think how many U.S. presidents it's helped to execute military strikes without that pesky process of having to ask congress for a declaration of war? :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

es

war?

How about all those people it saved in Darfur, and all those economic crises averted worldwide. And don't forget Africa. After all the UN's help Africa is more dependent on aid than ever before.

Then we have the food-for-oil scandal in Iraq, partly responsible for enriching France, undermining sanctions, and drawing us into a 2nd war. Nice..

It did pretty well in Bosnia though. Oh, wait...that was NATO...

P.S. When are we going to bring those troops back? (One year, Clinton promised)

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Actually, I have no problem with warming - I grew up in Minnesota, and most of my relatives on my Mom's side are farmers - they'd _KILL_ for a growing season long enough to plant two crops. Maybe corn in May, and squash in July or so.

The thing about the warmingsts is their alarmism, and claiming that

  1. Warming is bad.
  2. It's all your fault. and that the solution is to tax the world into slavery.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

.

It's not obviously bad.

Mostly Bill Sloman's, but I'll take a little of the heat for it.

Assuming it's ever a problem, the solution is to add a little pixie dust to airline fuel or something like it.

Of course then the world's women will go to war with the men for control of the thermostat...

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

It's not all bad, but some of the potential negative consequences are pretty horrific.

The last time we had a similarly rapid temperature excursion was during the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum

which didn't actually lead to a global extinction, but did lead to the appearance of a lot of new species, which is to say a lot of population crashes in established species. We'd be a leading candidate for a population crash if the environment did change signficantly, as it is expected to do if anthropogenic global warming continues unabated.

James Arthur, admittedly responsible for some three tons per year of CO2 emissions, is less responsible than I am with my three tons every year from my annual flight to and from Australia plus my normal European share of about ten tons per year. Rich would be more responsible than either of us if he conformed to the US average of 20 tons per year.

Trust James Arthur to gag on the reality of anthropogenic global warming, for which the scientific evidence is overwhelming, and swallow the implausible claims for geo-engineering. He does have this habit of believing waht suites his point of view, and rejecting anything that he find ideologically inconvenient.

Women invest more in their kids than men do, and are correspondingly less enthusiastic about fouling up the world that we are leaving for our kids.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Aye, I mean it's not as if the Green's have got anything wrong before....

Nial Stewart

Anyone that believes in making things compulsory ought to be tried for treason.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Indeed, they should have no choice in the matter. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany