Variable +- supply from single

Are there any simple DC/DC converters that can produce equal +- rails from a single supply? Looking to take anywhere from 3V to 30V and produce a variable + and - from 3V to 30V. I'm looking more for a simple monolithic IC that is efficient for small current draws between 1mA and 50mA.

I've seen a few negative rail generator IC's but they are extremely inefficient at low currents(20-30% at 1mA). Since this is a battery supplied circuit I'd like to make it as efficient as possible.

Reply to
Stretto

Have you tried googling for any of this stuff?

In a new browser tab or new browser window, go to

in the search window, enter "DC/DC Converter Bipolar Output" with or without the quote marks, and something will show up; from there, you can get a head start on your homework.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise