OT: Source for this routed piece of wood

I'm looking for a source of this routed/shaped piece of wood...

that I can stain and add to our new butler's pantry cabinets (above the wine refrigerator :-)

But I'm striking out, can only find the complete assembly, with not the proper overall dimensions I need.

Any wood-working types out there that would know a source?

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

Den lørdag den 26. oktober 2013 19.51.22 UTC+2 skrev Jim Thompson:

I doubt you can find exactly what you need, find someone with a table saw and/or a router to make it for you

or much simpler stack a narrow and wide strip to get the inverted T shape you can probably find a wide strip with rounded edges if you want that

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Looks like one of Jim's posts that my news provider jinxed, I could only see your anwer to him. Jim: This stuff is often called "stemware rack".

Or buy it but that connoisseur stuff is expensive:

Then there are these:

?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1382813223&sr=1-33

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Enter "molding wine glass" into your favorite search engine. Here's an example:

Here's a link to one of the hits:

That really wasn't too difficult.

Reply to
RosemontCrest

Was all thru those. They don't fit. However I lucked onto...

where I noted in the insert image, that assembly is simply with screws, AND it's unfinished, making it easy for me to stain to match.

So I ordered two. ...Jim Thompson

Den lørdag den 26. oktober 2013 21.26.19 UTC+2 skrev Jim Thompson:

saw

ape

43c054d60b

lol, $19.99 and it is the exact same picture as the ebay one Joerg links to at $144.98

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

But the one on eBay is the "last one"!

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

How badly did you mangle the original one? You can do miracles with the modern wood glues and fillers these days.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Take a look at this class act ( not ):

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Yep. You have to be on your toes... there's always someone out there trying to screw you >:-} ...Jim Thompson

"Mangle" what? Do you read or are you drunk? ...Jim Thompson

I actually found multiple sources for that structure. Luckily the site with the detail I needed was also the cheapest ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Caveat emptor!

Reply to
Greegor

Seems you bought the last 2 in stock ;D

Martin Riddle

probably answered by now, but I used a custom wood shop in Los Gatos CA, called the Busy Beaver, or the Hungry Wood Chuck, or something with a 'cutesy' name, can't find now, but they supplied me perfectly matching coving strips for $1.5/ft plus $80 setup charge. They take your original piece, make a tool to match, and run a batch of wood through. Voila! Never even met the guy only talked on telephone, someone just picked up piece, then delivered goods, and I paid the carrier.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Nice company to know of! ...Jim Thompson

Here you go:-

Kevin Fernandez seems to be the guy to talk to.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Thumbnail picture, no dimensions or wood species specified.

Your best bet is to take a piece to a custom cabinet shop. That shape looks like a couple of passes on a router table with the proper bit.

Deja fubar: The feeling that you've made the same mistake before.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.