OT ship stuck

There's a wikipedia entry already:

jlarkin

How? Is this question also racist?

Reply to
Ed Lee

You can't trust the Wikipedia, John. Anyone can edit it. At the risk of stating the obvious, if they cannot remove in one piece, then it should be blown up and removed in bits. I'll bet there's nothing but cheap Chinese crap on it anyway.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Check out who the crew was. Red flags go up about possibility of fraudulent credentials to manage such a large ship especially in the canal. Having pilots onboard doesn't help when the crew can't comply. If they hired premium tugboat escorts to get them through in consideration of the forecasted weather, it would have been dirt cheap compared to the liability they have now.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Yeah, that will be fast. Blow it up and pull out the pieces one at a time.

That is what's so great about this country. Anyone can speak their mind even if they don't have one.

Reply to
Rick C

It's a 200,000 ton ship.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Have you tried editing it?

Reply to
bitrex

My god. What sick people would buy 200,000 tons of cheap Chinese crap.

Wal-mart's like "Haaaaaay boo"

Reply to
bitrex

I am sure people would be happen to remove the cargo containers on it free.

Reply to
Ed Lee

They have a lot of checks in place so that people have to establish a reputation before posting things, or have them checked by others who have a reputation. It is not perfect, but it is pretty good - it is not nearly the kind of anarchy that some people seem to think. You can even read the disclaimer at the head of the article, noting that as it is a current event, things may change rapidly, and that updates without valid and reliable references will be removed.

Do you have any reason to suppose anything in that article is wrong?

Reply to
David Brown

Heh heh well "to be fair" that's the first thing I thought also. About a

2 kiloton lil baby nuke stuck to the bottom of the hull should do the trick. Kaboom! Like that movie Speed when the bus blew up:

Blow that sucker and all those containers full of day-glo Nikes and $1500 TVs with no RCA audio outputs to smithereens.

Note that you should then kindly avoid spending more than 10 minutes in the general vicinity for approximately 6 to 8 weeks so any ships passing through the now-cleared canal should do so quickly, and all cargo waiting on ships for passage may occasionally trigger alarms at nuclear power plants local to their destination for 3 - 5 years after that.

Reply to
bitrex

The USN is transporting Somali pirates to the scene to do just that.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

happen->happy

Salvage operation, if they elect to declare so, would be perfectly legal. Somali pirates would have to wait in line. Anyway, US Navy can't get pass the other big ships on both sides of the site. They would have to approach it with small ships from land.

Reply to
Ed Lee

That's, perhaps, the DUMBEST suggestion I have heard yet on how to solve the problem.

BTW, there is A LOT of excellent Wikipedia content. That said, there is also a fair amount of bullshit:

Quote: "The number of illegal immigrants peaked at about 12 million in 2007 and since that time has declined." Does ANYBODY believe this to be true?

Reply to
Flyguy

I believe it, up to end of 2020. However, it's now open border with the Biden administration. Anybody can come in and get amnesty after a while. By the way, they are still trying to figure out why they are still coming. Well, at least they are saying so.

There was an accident of an SUV packed with 20+ illegals. Don't know how they can pack 20+ bodies in an SUV, dead or alive.

Reply to
Ed Lee

The BBC reported 50Km/hr sandstorm at the time of the grounding.

There were two local and experienced pilots on board, directing the ship's officers.

RL

Reply to
legg

I haven't even tried reading it!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Why yes I do. Any source frequently cited as reliable by Bill Sloman casts serious doubts on its contents.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I edited the article on digital delay generators. I wanted to add my company name as a source, but they insisted that I add some content, so I did the part about the different technologies.

Reply to
jlarkin