Mitsubishi Volume Stuck! : (

Hello,

I've looked around the forums and around google, for a simular case, but none have been the same issue... I have a Mitsubishi 65" wide screen Tv. Once powered on, the volume increases to max. The controller, does not work at all when this occurs. The few buttons on the tv itself, work fine (although after turning the volume all the way down, and butten is released, it goes back to max).

I've tried a system reset using the reset button on the tv, I've tried powering off. I've checked the remote and other remotes nearby to ensure there's no IR interferance.

Any help would be most greatful!

Thanks, Henry

Reply to
henry.williams

Sure sounds like a problem with the remote, like it's stuck sending Volume Up commands or something.

Try taking the batteries out of the remote and turning on the TV using the TV's power switch. If you still have the problem, it's in the TV. Put some black tape over the TV's IR receiver and see what happens.

If not, check the remote - may be some sort of contamination shorting the contacts of the Volume Up button. When my remotes start getting flaky, I take them apart and clean up the keypad contacts with alcohol and a Q-tip - usually helps.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

I'll bet if he taped over the IR window on the set that it would still do that. I ran into a Sony years back whose channel-up button shorted; bet his volume-up pushbutton switch on the set is shorted.

--
Postulate a group whose intent is to destroy the United States from within
via anarchy and bankruptcy. The actions of the United States Congress are

Reply to
henry.williams

I had a problem years back that wouldn't have been fixed by removing the batteries from the remote units. The sun was hitting a certain angle at a certain time of day and making my television go crazy. Only putting some black tape over the window for the IR sensor stopped the light from hitting the sensor.

I'm still betting on the shorted pushbutton, but your remote test was incomplete.

--
Postulate a group whose intent is to destroy the United States from within
via anarchy and bankruptcy. The actions of the United States Congress are
completely consistent with the actions one would predict from such a group.
Reply to
clifto

Hi Henry , we are in the same boat. 65" Mits volume runs all the way up and stays there. Did you resolve your problem yet?

Thanks Jack

Reply to
jack